Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt SINGS for Leeds

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Delighted to see that he KNOBBED up his career since his petulance for us, may have earned a few more pennies in the short term but long term he has gone backwards.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Delighted to see that he KNOBBED up his career since his petulance for us, may have earned a few more pennies in the short term but long term he has gone backwards.

Probably now earning more than he would have he had stayed at Brighton, he would have covered most of his career earnings in his Sunderland contract if you contrast the two

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Has he? If he'd stayed with us, he'd be in the Championship. He's played in the Premier League and earned a fortune. I wouldn't call that going backwards. Maybe, sideways.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has he? If he'd stayed with us, he'd be in the Championship. He's played in the Premier League and earned a fortune. I wouldn't call that going backwards. Maybe, sideways.

Certainly not money wise and no worse off football wise having played in the Premier and gone back to the Championship, as we are at the moment..

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Only 90 miles Leeds to Sunderland so if he lives south of Sunderland probably wont have to move.

Given the choice I think most people would probably choose to live in Leeds over Sunderland. I don't think money would be too much of a factor. Throw in a 90 minute commute and I don't see why he wouldn't decide to move?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Given the choice I think most people would probably choose to live in Leeds over Sunderland. I don't think money would be too much of a factor. Throw in a 90 minute commute and I don't see why he wouldn't decide to move?

He may have chosen to live in North Yorkshire or Durham when playing for the Black Cats.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Sure he has a pile of cash, but a part of him must be wishing he'd played more football in the last few years and fulfilled his potential rather than take the quick buck and possibly sell himself short as a player.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I've got a lot of love for Liam.

Just another example of Gus making bad choices/decisions with players.

Agree about the love. But Kayal is a cut above and significantly more dynamic, his quality testifies to (Sir Chris) Hughton's change on the side since the Bridcutt era

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Northeners will tell you how good the countryside is North of Leeds but South of Sunderland in North Yorkshire and I wouldnt expect many Sunderland players to live in Sunderland as Newcastle players dont live in Newcastle. Probably Leeds players dont live in Leeds as it isnt like Brighton to live in.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If we had kept Liam then i doubt whether we would have signed both Kayal and Stephens, probably one of two. I think we got the better deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here