Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids want to see the Albion - what's the process?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Colleague of mine lives in Hassocks and has two lads (5 & 7) how are football mad. He wants to take them to the Amex but he has never been to a football match before.

I know the Albion are amazing with kids - but mine grew up years ago, so don't know how things work these days.

I know he'll be made welcome (and the kids will be hooked) but how should he approach this? Just phone up the ticket office? Will that give them that really Albion experience?

Any advice will be passed on and hopefully we'll add three more converts to the true faith.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Register all the family online (you get a fan number) and then look for when home tickets go on general sale a few days before most games - book three together online .Simple.

If he wants to take them to the family section in the East Stand that may already be fully-booked, not sure. But it's not really a problem - kids welcome everywhere.

There's the junior seagulls scheme too for young fans which gets them a few extras and helps keep them involved

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Register all the family online (you get a fan number) and then look for when home tickets go on general sale a few days before most games - book three together online .Simple.

If he wants to take them to the family section in the East Stand that may already be fully-booked, not sure. But it's not really a problem - kids welcome everywhere.

There's the junior seagulls scheme too for young fans which gets them a few extras and helps keep them involved

Also pretty easy for the kids to have their photo taken with Gully or one of the other mascots, they're very obliging. Little kids love that kind of stuff. Bring a camera!

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Also pretty easy for the kids to have their photo taken with Gully or one of the other mascots, they're very obliging. Little kids love that kind of stuff. Bring a camera!

They usually have a few designated family games per season, where they have all sorts going on outside before the game. That would be worth looking at.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They usually have a few designated family games per season, where they have all sorts going on outside before the game. That would be worth looking at.

Perfect.

And thanks to the others for the advice. How exciting to be going to your first ever game (mind you, I feel like that every time I go to the Amex).

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Perfect.

And thanks to the others for the advice. How exciting to be going to your first ever game (mind you, I feel like that every time I go to the Amex).

Also - warn them it's not always this good. :) When I first started going in the late 70s I assumed being promoted to the top flight would be a regular occurence over the years to come......

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Also - warn them it's not always this good. :) When I first started going in the late 70s I assumed being promoted to the top flight would be a regular occurence over the years to come......

I started in the late 1980s, aged nine or ten, and spent twenty odd years watching (almost) unceasing mediocrity, but I'm still here :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The first games I took my two to were cup games, when crowds were slightly down, so they weren't completely overwhelmed by the number of people.

We've got three seats in the family stand, but it's pretty rare that they come up – each time we've tried to move within that section, there have only been one or two blocks of three available. That's only a problem if your colleague is desperate to take them in there, but to be honest, they'd be welcomed anywhere I would've thought.

Good luck!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Taking my 5 yr old to her first match tomorrow - hopefully she'll enjoy it. She loves Bruno.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Usually fairly easy to get into either the Family Section or the section next to it if required (in my experience anyway). And seconding the recommendation for the Junior Seagulls scheme, especially for the 5 year old (as others have mentioned free shirt at 7 years old).

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'd suggest ringing and talking to someone rather doing it all on line. The ticket staff have always been excellent when I've not been sure about something and may well be able to find seats in family stand even when not available on line. I suggest seats close to pitch - definitely in a lower stand as they wan't be so fussed about seeing the patterns of play and its much more exciting for kids to have the players so close in real life, both in warm up and during the match. If family stand is not possible then Northen end of west lower - near the front is good as you get the subs warming up right in front. South west corner also seems to be a bit of a second family stand?

Also face paining, half and half scarves and make sure they have all the song sheets and times for when the songs will get sung during the match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here