Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Forest MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Late again, sorry. Rotherham one will DEFINITELY be more timely. Promise.

Great night Friday. Re-live it here. http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?618-Albion-3-0-Nottingham-Forest-12-08-2016

If you want...

Jiri Skalak ran to the corner, drew in two defenders, then turned and laid the ball back for Bong, to whip in a low cross. Henderson could have dealt with it by stood on his line. Ben Osborn stood and watched, as Anthony Knockaert drifted past him, to half volley calmly as you like, under the keeper. The brilliant Frenchman broke down in tears, as his team-mates mobbed him. He explained after the game, that it was the birthday of his older brother, tragically lost to his family some years ago. An emotional moment for a very special player.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bruno_8120033.jpg

I think Bruno was offside for this corner, but if the header had gone in at the near post would he be interfering with play? No men on the line for Forest which can catch the attacking team offside with an outswinger and knock-on.

When Bong crossed for our important first goal, we had Knockaert (second striker role), Hemed (near post distraction) and Murray deeper.

Shows the value of a left footed left back, and the four Forest defenders kept a straight line at the back ready for interceptions but not in a position to attack a good cross.

In short I think we exploited unusual weaknesses in the Forest defence.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...pionship-2016-2017-Brighton-Nottingham-Forest

I thought we had possession where it mattered and we were quicker than them in midfield although they dominated the central circle area (as did Derby).

It will be a different kettle against Rotherham who are physically strong in midfield and the ball in the air a lot (from Villa supporters). I hope we can keep the ball on the ground and play a bit.

PS: Oliver Burke looked better than Antonio and looks as good as a prospect as I've seen at the Amex (better than Lookman, and even better than Vydra).

I Think Forest were quite weak, and like last year they gave us a minor fright.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
View attachment 77177

I think Bruno was offside for this corner, but if the header had gone in at the near post would he be interfering with play? No men on the line for Forest which can catch the attacking team offside with an outswinger and knock-on.

When Bong crossed for our important first goal, we had Knockaert (second striker role), Hemed (near post distraction) and Murray deeper.

Shows the value of a left footed left back, and the four Forest defenders kept a straight line at the back ready for interceptions but not in a position to attack a good cross.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...pionship-2016-2017-Brighton-Nottingham-Forest

I thought we had possession where it mattered and we were quicker than them in midfield although they dominated the central circle area (as did Derby).

It will be a different kettle against Rotherham who are physically strong in midfield and the ball in the air a lot (from Villa supporters). I hope we can keep the ball on the ground and play a bit.

PS: Oliver Burke looked better than Antonio and looks as good as a prospect as I've seen at the Amex (better than Lookman, and even better than Vydra).

Burke was excellent. Disagree that Forest were week - with Assombalonga back in, could well challenge top 6.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Burke was excellent. Disagree that Forest were week - with Assombalonga back in, could well challenge top 6.

That's what I thought pre-match. But I think they have got to do something about their defence as they leak goals. Strongish team playing more like a Hyypia team to me. Wing-backs (although they were chasing the game) left them exposed at the back, and I think they will lose games to inferior sides. Oliver Burke seems a very good prospect. Better even than Lookman.

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
View attachment 77177

Oh please just put a sock in it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
[MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] you are very good at this, thank you.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here