Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dalian Atkinson dies after police tasering...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
...named as former Aston Villa player Dalian Atkinson, according to Sky News.

Bloody hell.

:down:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have often wondered about this. Are some people's bodies able to deal with a tasering but others can't. Maybe why some die and others don't.
If that is the case then their use should be re-examined.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Awful news and its affected a lot of friends up here very bad as you can imagine. A great footballer and a really great guy as well. You'll not get many from here say a bad word about him.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Have often wondered about this. Are some people's bodies able to deal with a tasering but others can't. Maybe why some die and others don't.
If that is the case then their use should be re-examined.

Until there is a suitable substitute developed is there any better option? Certainly safer than being armed with guns. Just extremely unfortunate, RIP.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very sad. :down:

A great footballer. I'll never forget Karen Brady saying "Is Dalian related to Ron Atkinson?" when they were both at Aston Villa. Women and football.

Rest in peace, Dalian.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So what was he doing to justify being tasered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst im sure there was a reason in this case there hasnt always been a justified reason for the discharge of tasers. Say for example the case of the 61 year old blind man tasered in the back because the officer thought his white cane was a samurai sword

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I don't suppose there is even the remotest possibility that the Police Officers concerned (as in the people on site at the time and having to evaluate the situation, as opposed to the Usual Suspects behind their keyboards on NSC) thought it was appropriate to Taser him?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't suppose there is even the remotest possibility that the Police Officers concerned (as in the people on site at the time and having to evaluate the situation, as opposed to the Usual Suspects behind their keyboards on NSC) thought it was appropriate to Taser him?

Of course they probably did - almost certainly, I would think - think it appropriate to use the taser. All the 'usual suspects' on NSC have done is to ask if anyone knows what he was doing to justify being tasered. Of course, nobody knows, and the information won't come out until the appropriate enquiry, but that doesn't prevent people from being curious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here