Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Rotherham

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Apologies if fixtures, but are any trains running? I drove on Friday and on the way out I saw a train on the platform at Falmer and stewards shouting at people to run to catch it. I know about the emergency timetable but is there some kind of exception being made?

Anyone got any info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My son and Grandson left the ground after the game jumped on a train to Lewes n to pick up their car and were back home in Haywards Heath before 10.30 I caught the train at Brighton which should have been at 11.05 but actually left at 11.40 and wife picked me up at HH at midnight. Perhaps I should have kept in touch with son and Ben.

Hopefully there will be more trains for the Rotherham game.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The SASTA timetable online was showing trains TO Falmer before kick off still running, but not RETURNING afterwards, from Brighton. I checked about 4o'clock this afternoon so the situation may change. Tbh the P+R at West Hove was pretty good so going to use that one again this week.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
National Rail app showing nothing running, both ways, between 17.01 and 23.00

No word from the club yet so it may well be another late update.

00216d0294f9438968e01392121a294d.jpg

c218ed5dbe2611fd08d284c9e5727eb7.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Trains worked on Friday to Brighton. (if Stockdale had not got injured I would have been home in record time.). However, there was not enough trains to Brighton for the normal crowds.

So the same applies, public transport home West Coastway trains is problematical.

Timetable says no trains so we will have to wait for an announcement.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After the last minute announcement of trains running last Friday there is no way I'll book an alternative in advance on Tuesday and not be able to have a beer because of driving.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
After the last minute announcement of trains running last Friday there is no way I'll book an alternative in advance on Tuesday and not be able to have a beer.

Despite the announcement the trains from Falmer to Lewes after the match were virtually non existent.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Apologies if fixtures, but are any trains running? I drove on Friday and on the way out I saw a train on the platform at Falmer and stewards shouting at people to run to catch it. I know about the emergency timetable but is there some kind of exception being made?

Anyone got any info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was because the next train to Brighton was not for half an hour. Stockdales injury meant the game finished late and I did not meet the train. it left with standing space (not much).

Trains to Lewes were later. This is the train we caught to Brighton. It had to to go to Lewes, turn round and come back.

Because of the far less number of people catching the train it was OK. But with the normal crowds, fans would have filled up the 6 coach train we caught and the next train might not meet the connection West Coastway.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Despite the announcement the trains from Falmer to Lewes after the match were virtually non existent.

Think we were lucky, thankful that the NS is much closer to the station than WSU, we got onto the platform just before a train came in and were back in Lewes just before 10.

We have forked out £12 each to get the coach from Polegate tomorrow to make sure we get home at a reasonable time.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I was a seagulls travel virgin to Portslade after the game. Freakin' luxury! It cost a pint and a bit but it dropped me near my house. I'll be using it on Tuesday and a few night games in the future. Great service.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Think we were lucky, thankful that the NS is much closer to the station than WSU, we got onto the platform just before a train came in and were back in Lewes just before 10.

We have forked out £12 each to get the coach from Polegate tomorrow to make sure we get home at a reasonable time.

Admittedly we stayed for a pint knowing that we had a shuttle bus to rely on. We just missed one train, the next one wasn't for 50 mins.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When can we expect an update as to the info re trains after the game. Being an oldie I use a phone for calls and texts not internet. Could I put my tablet in my bag and use it at The Amex for the latest info? Sorry to ask but I do not know about the wifi etc at The Amex.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
When can we expect an update as to the info re trains after the game. Being an oldie I use a phone for calls and texts not internet. Could I put my tablet in my bag and use it at The Amex for the latest info? Sorry to ask but I do not know about the wifi etc at The Amex.

Not sure if I can help..but it's definitely best to keep taking the tablet

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

There is free WiFi at the Amex provided by The Cloud. It's generally pretty reliable in my experience, but by no means perfect. It can still get overwhelmed, which pretty much any system trying to cope with 20,000 odd people will.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
No problem Friday getting back to Seaford.

Stopped for two beers and was at Falmer station about 10:30 - three trains on board showing up to eleven p.m.

Caught shuttle bus from Lewes on time at eleven and in Seaford by 11:30.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No problem Friday getting back to Seaford.

Stopped for two beers and was at Falmer station about 10:30 - three trains on board showing up to eleven p.m.

Caught shuttle bus from Lewes on time at eleven and in Seaford by 11:30.

There was a shuttle bus from Lewes to Seaford?! Or is that the rail replacement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here