Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR top of the league

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Beating Cardiff 2-0 and now top 6points out of 6, 4 100% records left now. QPR, Huddersfield, Fulham and Bristol City I doubt anyone would have thought they would be the 4 at the top even at this stage

No worries - it won't last. Only three teams yet to concede, though - and we're one of them!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Beating Cardiff 2-0 and now top 6points out of 6, 4 100% records left now. QPR, Huddersfield, Fulham and Bristol City I doubt anyone would have thought they would be the 4 at the top even at this stage

Neither did they, they'll start getting nose bleeds and soon revert to their mid table demeanour, hopefully.
Even Junior Hoillet is not in squad, allegedly he's fallen out with Les Ferdinand, so all's not sweetness and light at South Africa Road :)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Of the four 100% teams, only QPR have an easyish game midweek which they'd expect to win. I think the other 3 will all drop points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love this division, pleased that the season has started. It is so competitive and impossible to call, except that Newcastle and Rafa will walk it, I'm told :smile:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I did a £10 treble on QPR, Huddersfield and Fulham 1,2,3 in championship after two games into season @81,226/1. Bit upset as I cashed out and only got £725,000 and I knew Bristol City would be up there but didn't put the money down.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Neither did they, they'll start getting nose bleeds and soon revert to their mid table demeanour, hopefully.
Even Junior Hoillet is not in squad, allegedly he's fallen out with Les Ferdinand, so all's not sweetness and light at South Africa Road :)

Junior Hoilett is not in our squad because he isn't under contract.

He thinks he's a Premier League player and is waiting for one of these clubs to sign him on a Bosman.

Doesn't seem like anyone is rushing to take him up him on on that though :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

He thinks he's a Premier League player and is waiting for one of these clubs to sign him on a Bosman.

As I said previously on his falling out, I would've thought someone would come in for him, he's not that bad a player, surely?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Surprised a lower Prem club hasnt gone for him as he is one of if not the best player at QPR also surprised that Steven Caulkner is still there.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Huddersfield, Fulham and possibly Bristol yes.
QPR no, but it's only 2 games in.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I must have missed it, when did QPR settle their FFP fine? :)
bribery_use-large_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
As I said previously on his falling out, I would've thought someone would come in for him, he's not that bad a player, surely?

I don't think there's been a falling out.

He was offered a new contract which he turned down.

As far as I know it is still on the table for him.

He has been a terrible disappointment for most of his QPR career. Showing some great flashes, but mostly no end product.

Easily his best spell has been since Jimmy F-H came in as manager. Would have thought working with him for another year would be good for him. But I guess his agent is calling the shots.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here