Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin Media - customer service.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Oh Virgin Media. As far as I know, no longer connected to Branson so seemingly not that bothered about customer service anymore. At least twice this year we have been without service for over a week (it seems like engineers only do Brighton on a Thursday). Both times compensation was offered but sums not mentioned. Having checked through the money they take, I can see no compo so I ring them and eventually get somebody who apologises and will "sort it out"

After some pressing, he tells me there will be a credit of £10.00 and this is not just for the one occasion but for both!!! So each loss iof service, of over a week, gets me a fiver off the bill. Isn't that more shonkey even than the railways?

Can I speak to complaints, no, don't work Sundays. Can I email? No, they don't do emails (media????)

Appalling service, worth considering if you're thinking of becoming a customer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They were once NTL cable which had a frighteningly shocking poor service so this doesn't really surprise.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I must get half a dozen mailshots a month from Virgin Media. Luckily they've made the schoolboy error of printing who they're from on the outside of the envelope, so they can go straight in the bin unopened :wave:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Oh Virgin Media. As far as I know, no longer connected to Branson so seemingly not that bothered about customer service anymore. At least twice this year we have been without service for over a week (it seems like engineers only do Brighton on a Thursday). Both times compensation was offered but sums not mentioned. Having checked through the money they take, I can see no compo so I ring them and eventually get somebody who apologises and will "sort it out"

After some pressing, he tells me there will be a credit of £10.00 and this is not just for the one occasion but for both!!! So each loss iof service, of over a week, gets me a fiver off the bill. Isn't that more shonkey even than the railways?

Can I speak to complaints, no, don't work Sundays. Can I email? No, they don't do emails (media????)

Appalling service, worth considering if you're thinking of becoming a customer.

When you call back tomorrow, ask for your call to be escalated to a manager. If one is not available ask for a callback from one. Tell the manager your compensation offer was insulting and you are considering asking Ofcom for advice if the dispute is not settled to your satisfaction.

from Virgin Media's Consumer Complaint Code of Practice

If you remain dissatisfied:
When we receive your complaint, we’ll aim to resolve it to your complete
satisfaction. If a complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction you can
ask to escalate the issue to a manager.A manager may be available to
speak to you immediately or they may call you back at a time that suits
both of you. In the event that a manager has to call you back, you can
help us by letting us know which daytime and evening contact numbers
work best for you. If, after speaking to the manager, you feel we have
still not dealt with your complaint appropriately, please ask for your
complaint to be reviewed by a Senior Manager.
If, after following the process explained above, you are still not happy
with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to
independent adjudication.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been with Virgin for 10 years or so and have always found their customer service excellent.

There haven't been many faults but the few we've had were corrected over the phone and the one time we needed an engineer, he turned up on time, the next day.

I have no complaints at all

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I've been with Virgin for 10 years or so and have always found their customer service excellent.

There haven't been many faults but the few we've had were corrected over the phone and the one time we needed an engineer, he turned up on time, the next day.

I have no complaints at all

Same here with me. My email address is ntlworld.com as i have been with them so long. Never had any issues with them.
Some & some i guess.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Same here with me. My email address is ntlworld.com as i have been with them so long. Never had any issues with them.
Some & some i guess.

I am much the same in that I've been with them since Nynex, C&W, NTL (also my email) etc and seldom had problems before but this last year or so the prices keep going up and the service gets worse, repairs and customer service especially. We have 3 TIVO users, broadband and phone so loads of products over a long period but I certainly don't feel valued.

I get the feeling that if I threaten to take my service elsewhere then they wouldn't give a toss.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ask someone in the curious position of being a Sky and a Virgin Media customer, I have to say VM's customer service is much better.

This. Over the years I have had Sky, BT and Virgin as my provider, and Virgin knock spots off the other 2 for Customer Service in my opinion.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am much the same in that I've been with them since Nynex, C&W, NTL (also my email) etc and seldom had problems before but this last year or so the prices keep going up and the service gets worse, repairs and customer service especially. We have 3 TIVO users, broadband and phone so loads of products over a long period but I certainly don't feel valued.

I get the feeling that if I threaten to take my service elsewhere then they wouldn't give a toss.

I seem to have been with them as long as you...remember well Nynex digging the roads/pavement up around Shoreham to lay the first lot of cable....and yes they have been quite keen to nudge there prices up over the last few years....thankfully though no problems with customer service.....yet

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
When we moved it took over a month for them to reinstall us,we were given dates then told "we don't have service so you will have to cancel your contract at the cost of £380" , I explained my next door a joining house has service and told them where the junction on the main road, they booked it again and again cancelling the reconnect every time because "no service to your house you owe us £389 to cancel" ..eventually and engineer came to our house and confirmed we could have the service but he "couldn't do it today" a new engineer was booked and then cancelled, they finally fitted our service but each time they had booked the job they had given us a new account number so we were charged for 5 accounts including the original account of £380!!! I was given apology and money back with the promise of compensation or higher package for limited time as an apology........it's never happened! As soon as contract expires I will NEVER use ANYTHING branded with Virgin! For virgins they seem to f*** people allot

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've been with them since the start, nynex or whatever the first one was. Had issues over the years but have always been sorted promptly and with a few bob off the bills.
however, this year a couple of times I've had no home phone or no internet. Always get through on the mobile where an accented lady would run me through the turn it off then back on routine. Service does tend to break down a bit more after heavy rain, so I reckon their lines are getting dated.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Understand what you mean, if i have cause to speak to them as you say i don't feel valued, we have the tv broadband and 5 mobiles with them.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
When we moved it took over a month for them to reinstall us,we were given dates then told "we don't have service so you will have to cancel your contract at the cost of £380" , I explained my next door a joining house has service and told them where the junction on the main road, they booked it again and again cancelling the reconnect every time because "no service to your house you owe us £389 to cancel" ..eventually and engineer came to our house and confirmed we could have the service but he "couldn't do it today" a new engineer was booked and then cancelled, they finally fitted our service but each time they had booked the job they had given us a new account number so we were charged for 5 accounts including the original account of £380!!! I was given apology and money back with the promise of compensation or higher package for limited time as an apology........it's never happened! As soon as contract expires I will NEVER use ANYTHING branded with Virgin! For virgins they seem to f*** people allot

which is why I bought a dodgy box on the internet which gives me all channels ( sports and movies included) free. Legal ? I know not but Sky beam the signal at my house its up to me if I can unencrypt it.,,,,,,,,never gone off in 6 months

Kidgloves

Mar 6, 2016
Also nothing to complain and been with them since NTL as well. They once replaced a faulty router for me within 45 minutes. You just have to make sure you get the right department which was Welsh last time I phoned them.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
An update.

Rang them today and went to the option for 'leavers'. Guy I spoke to was very pleasant, looked into my billing, looked into the compensation for lost services and we are now best buddies. I was able to vent my spleen, he made some reasonable offers and we're sorted.

Could I have banged on for more? Maybe. Bottom line is we have a lot of services from them and a long history. As has been stated above, BT & Sky have their own issues, leaving would have been a lot of hassle. Now they have a continued income from me and I have reduced bills. End of.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here