Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

outfield albion players who have gone in goal

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
In my time supporting the albion.i can remember,eddie spearitt kevin bremner, kenny beamish and gary chivers having to go in goal when the keeper was injured. Have i missed anybody?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In my time supporting the albion.i can remember,eddie spearitt kevin bremner, kenny beamish and gary chivers having to go in goal when the keeper was injured. Have i missed anybody?

Andy Kennedy away at Mansfield.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Did Phil Stant go in goal ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Kevin Bremner definitely...wasnt that when Perry had his unfortunate accident? West Brom I believe...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Somewhere in the depths of my addled brain I have a recollection of Wendy Wilkins going in once. Can anyone confirm or deny? I'm not 100%

Jimmy Grimble

Somebody sat near me said that when Lewis Dunk joined us as a lad it was as a goalkeeper can anybody confirm or deny this and at what age did he join us.

Utter horse shit.

When he came from Wimbledon he flitted between being a centre midfielder and centre half.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not sure, but think Gary Hart might have done once at Withdean.

Don't recall that (that isn't to say it didn't happen....drinking heavily was about the only way Withdean was bearable) but.....Gary Hart swapped with Kuipers in a charity game at Crowborough. Seem to recall Hart was a better keeper than Kuipers was a centre forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here