Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Air Conditioning

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Hi all

My air con unit is about to pack up. It has done a superb job of keeping the conservatory cool in summer and warm in winter, but it's on it's way out.
It was already in place when we moved in, so don't know how old it is, but it's a monster of a unit so i'll be glad to get a newer one.

Can anyone advise a good replacement for a 6m x 3m conservatory please?

I wont be buying just yet, just want to get some ideas.

Cheers

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I like to try and give mine an hour off most days, Keeps him in top-notch condition,

punka_wallah.jpg

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If it's keeping the space warm in winter and cool in summer it's not an air conditioning unit but an air source recovery unit when you saints on its last legs what is the problem exactly?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If it's keeping the space warm in winter and cool in summer it's not an air conditioning unit but an air source recovery unit when you saints on its last legs what is the problem exactly?

It's falling apart, the filter is broken and started to smell a bit. The last time I had it serviced, i was told it probably had a couple of years good use left. That was three years ago.
Plus I'd like a portable unit anyway.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I open the window in the summer and close it in the winter

Good luck with that in my conservatory. Absolutely impossible... But thanks for your input x

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The bees knees units are made by Daekin, but pretty pricey. Also you need to watch out where you place the main unit. Conservatories tend to get to well over 50 deg C , especially South facing and in latitudes like Brighton. I live in Glasgow and my South West facing double glazed conservatory frequently reaches 120 Deg F in the Summer, so I would expect that to be more like 130 Deg F in Sussex. Trying to start up an aircon which is sitting at 120 Deg F may be problematic over time.

I have just bought an Airtech de-humidifier for removing Winter damp from an island cottage and the unit is fabulous. Slim, quiet , neat and very efficient. So, if they make aircon units as well, I reckon they will be good units. So I would speak to them and get their expert advice.

Best of Luck

TNBA

TTF

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Or maybe reverse cycle air conditioning? A single unit will easily heat and cool a space of 3 x 6

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Problem with portable is they dont tend to be reverse cycle or heat extraction systems as they pull warm air from outside in ( i know that sounds oďd in winter, but that is what they do) and so if no outside unit, they will not heat. They also need a vent to outside to pump the warm air out for cooling, which at simplest is slung out of your window.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here