Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert HASN'T said he is staying

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It does sound like Tony Bloom is determined to keep our squad together - for which many thanks. But I'm not sure where this idea that AK is definitely not going has come from.

In the Argus he is quoted as saying “I feel very happy here, so if I need to stay I will stay. I know how much I love the club and they’ve been brilliant with me since I’ve been here".

So he's saying that if he isn't transferred (presumably because Brighton won't sell him) then he's OK with that. That's not the same as saying he won't leave in the transfer window is it?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It does sound like Tony Bloom is determined to keep our squad together - for which many thanks. But I'm not sure where this idea that AK is definitely not going has come from.

In the Argus he is quoted as saying “I feel very happy here, so if I need to stay I will stay. I know how much I love the club and they’ve been brilliant with me since I’ve been here".

So he's saying that if he isn't transferred (presumably because Brighton won't sell him) then he's OK with that. That's not the same as saying he won't leave in the transfer window is it?

Wasn't quite how I heard it on the radio interview he did yesterday after the game

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Watch seagulls plAyer and you will see he clearly states he is going nowhere!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A bit of a negative spin by the OP TBH...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I also found that an odd choice of words.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Time to get player then. My only reference was the Argus and above is a direct quote. Bloody delighted if he stays - full season of him plus all the rest of our winger talent with FFS and perhaps another striker ahead could make for a(nother) memorable year.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
“I'm not thinking about anything else. I'm focused on the team. My future's here and for sure I will stay.” @AKnockaert after #BHAFC win.

The Argus has no inside source of info and feed of scraps, don't know why people bother to read or believe anything they write tbh.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why? That quote is seriously open to interpretation - and I don't have access to Player. What player would say anything other than "I'm here forever" when asked - they all say that until the day they go.

English is not his first language, and he clearly wants to stay...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
A bit of a negative spin by the OP TBH...

To be fair, I thought the same when I saw that quote in the Argus. Naylor used it as his headline. Then I saw the quotes used by BBC Sussex, which were slightly different.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes he HAS stated he is staying.

It's on his video interview on seagulls player.

4 minutes 43 seconds in.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Some interesting comments from Newcastle twatter fans.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/1...-on-twitter-to-knockaert-display-against-for/

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,540
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,650
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,735

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to know they still think we're a tiny little club playing to about 10,000 fans. Hopefully they'll be in for a shock or two this season!

They have just had another one 0-1 down at home

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

'...so if I need to stay...' -A reference to the club telling him that is the case.

'... I will stay'- He understands and makes no protest.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'...so if I need to stay...' -A reference to the club telling him that is the case.

'... I will stay'- He understands and makes no protest.
And yet there is a live interview on seagulls player where he says he'll 'stay for sure'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here