Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver Norwood against Forest

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Thought he looked another impressive addition to the Albion midfield ranks, in his short cameo last night.

Played a nice ball to Murray, and look very accomplished.

I think we now have amazing competition for all the midfield spots in this team, and if anyone goes, we have the players to replace them :clap2:

Just possibly need a CB and an additional forward, and I think we're complete for the 2016/17 season :albion2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thought he looked another impressive addition to the Albion midfield ranks, in his short cameo last night.

Played a nice ball to Murray, and look very accomplished.

I think we now have amazing competition for all the midfield spots in this team, and if anyone goes, we have the players to replace them :clap2:

Just possibly need a CB and an additional forward, and I think we're complete for the 2016/17 season :albion2:

Well he is a NI international that played very well in Euro 2016, so very good addition.

Very odd that Reading didn't make him a counter offer to stay, especially being in his last 12 months of contract.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yes very comfortable on the ball. Seemed to play a little closer to the forwards last night and can pick a good pass as per the Murray chance. Lot of options there. Still think DS and BK will be 1st choice but he will push them hard along with Sidwell

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A very decent option in midfield and it will be good this year to have 4 players to rotate and not have to try to play the same 2 of them every game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need four decent midfielders, which we have......at the moment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't he say he hoped Stevens stayed and he was happy to battle for a place? Good attitude

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Any idea how much he cost ?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Prefer him to Sidwell but think the later is a great player to have around the squad and on the bench. Great that we snapped up such a good player for our strongest position (especially with the 2 stars being on a year left) but really hope we can find similar option at CB. Part of me thinks we can't have else it would have happened by now, but part thinks we must have something lined up to not be panicing!

Up front where everyone wants a 4th option, I actually think we're OK due to stong midfield and liking baldock. Yes a better, nippy striker would be a luxury every team wants but our NEED is a third CB as don't think Hun has proved himself at all despite being a previous club captain places etc.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I get the feeling if Norwood was to ever start in a midfield two for us he'd be very much playing the deeper/holding role, rather than the constant rotating of positions we're used to seeing as he doesn't seem quite as natural a box-to-box player as the other 3.

Clearly got an eye for unlocking a defence though so you'd still want to see him getting within range of the frontmen when possible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here