Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne hit and run.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
My nephew was one who gave chase to the guy but couldn't catch him. He went back to help victims. Very sad story and thoughts with victims familys.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My nephew was one who gave chase to the guy but couldn't catch him. He went back to help victims. Very sad story and thoughts with victims familys.

There is somebody in custody. I hope your nephew gave his own details to police, as they'd certainly want to speak to him.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Yes he has. He is very upset today but this is nothing compaired to what the family and friends of the two poor victims are going through. It's amazing how the humans natural instinct kick in and we go into survival mode. It's not till after the event it all sinks in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes he has. He is very upset today but this is nothing compaired to what the family and friends of the two poor victims are going through. It's amazing how the humans natural instinct kick in and we go into survival mode. It's not till after the event it all sinks in.

Good lad (don't mean to patronise: I've no idea how old he is!).

Shock can do horrible things to people, no matter how tough they think they are. Look after him :thumbsup:

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
He is a young lad but we are very proud of what he did last night, although he feels he failed for some reason and could have done more. We will certainly look after him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He is a young lad but we are very proud of what he did last night, although he feels he failed for some reason and could have done more. We will certainly look after him.

Normally I'd have been there last night, but I took the shift off to go to the Albion, so not quite up to speed with it all yet. I'm sure he did everything humanly possible, which is all he has to tell himself. The driver's evidently been identified and located pretty quickly (in these situations, that can be so important for all sorts of reasons), and it sounds like your nephew had plenty to do with that, so he deserves a big pat on the back.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
From the Argus

A man is to appear in court in connection with a fatal hit and run.

Jodan Hunt, 23, of Hobart Quay, Eastbourne, is charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop after a road traffic collision.

He will appear before Brighton Magistrates Court tomorrow morning.

Officers were called to Bolsover Road in Eastbourne at about 9.35pm on Friday following reports a black Seat Leon had collided with a silver Volkswagen Polo.

The Polo then collided into two parked cars - a blue BMW 330d and a grey Audi A3.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From the Argus

The Polo then collided into two parked cars - a blue BMW 330d and a grey Audi A3.

Are sub-editors a thing of the past at the Argus?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here