Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Left-handers Day

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Left-handed as most people understand it. If you use both hands for different things then you're either a very observant Muslim or ambidextrous or both.

Ye I was teasing you a bit....I have no bias to the left or right ... Such as left handed at writing but right handed for throwing ..I've always thought that being ambidextrous can leave you being indecisive...or maybe not

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
HemsZS2.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Reminds me of my days as a cub, dib dib dob and all that bollox.

Left over right, right over left......reef knot. :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Totally unscientific but I've noticed a disproportionate number of addicts and alcoholics are left handed. We do tend to be nicer people though.

Thank goodness we're all a bit more enlightened nowadays. Even when I was at school, the teachers insisted that when writing we had our books straight in front of us which led to all sorts of weird writing styles from left-handers. I just turned my body at an angle and wrote much smaller.

I remember watching a documentary about Kenneth Williams where he recounted a school teacher attaching a belt around his left arm and chest in order to force him to write right-handed. Bloody barbaric.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My youngest son is left handed but when he plays cricket he always throws the ball and bowls with his right hand, also is a right handed batsman.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I remember watching a documentary about Kenneth Williams where he recounted a school teacher attaching a belt around his left arm and chest in order to force him to write right-handed. Bloody barbaric.

article-2521965-1A0742DB00000578-804_634x716.jpg

At least some of us have a choice. Eggxactly!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My youngest son is left handed but when he plays cricket he always throws the ball and bowls with his right hand, also is a right handed batsman.

I'm mixed. I write with my left - though even I can't read it, but most sports I do right-handed. I could kick or catch with either. I do remember when I was a decent tennis player, I could beat most people with my left, even though I played right-handed normally.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oddly left handers make up a disproportionate number of homicide detetectives.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm mixed. I write with my left - though even I can't read it, but most sports I do right-handed. I could kick or catch with either. I do remember when I was a decent tennis player, I could beat most people with my left, even though I played right-handed normally.

He also plays football and at a very young age he was mostly left footed, but can use both feet now.
I never know which foot he is going to shoot with when I watch him play.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Dad?

That's me, too.

Table tennis is my biggest issue. I'm pretty good with both hands and find myself switching in the middle of rallies. Confuses the opposition as much as me, though....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm a firm southpaw but play guitar, throw darts and play golf and pool right handed. Imagine how much better I could be if I just swapped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here