Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****PLAYER RATINGS vs FOREST****

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apologies if this is elsewhere, but have skimmed two pages and haven't seen it.

6 = average

Stockdale - 6
Rosenoir - 6.5
Bong - 6
Bruno - 7
Dunk - 7
Knockaert - 9 - head and shoulders above everyone for me
Sidwell - 5 - better in the second, but too many 'bad' errors on the night
Kayal - 6
Skalak - 6 - poor first half better second
Hemed - 5.5 - early days, but touch was off.
Murray - 7

Baldock - 6
Stephens - 6
Norwood - N/A

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 6 - looked a bit shaky pre injury
Rosenior 7 -
Bong 7 - Superb cross for first goal
Dunk 7
Bruno 7
Sidwell 6
Kayal 7
Knockeart 8 MOTM
Skalak 7
Murray 8
Hemed 6

Baldock 7
Stephens 7
Norwood 6

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale 6

Rosenior 6
Bruno 7
Dunk 7
Bong 6

Knockaert 8
Kayal 7
Sidwell 6
Skalak 6

Hemed 6
Murray 8

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Stockdale 6 - looked a bit shaky pre injury
Rosenior 7 -
Bong 7 - Superb cross for first goal
Dunk 7
Bruno 7
Sidwell 6
Kayal 7
Knockeart 8 MOTM
Skalak 7
Murray 8
Hemed 6

Baldock 7
Stephens 7
Norwood 6

Agree with pretty much all those. Probably would have given Dunk an 8 though, solid game and a goal saving block to keep the clean sheet.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Stockdale 6 - I thought he was slow out for Burke's miss, he parried the one in the second half straight into the middle of the box too. Perfectly fine otherwise, but not an outstanding night by his standards.

Rosenior 7 - fared much the better of the two full backs. Attached relatively well, although I confess to constantly missing Bruno in that position. Had the pace to nullify Ward who stayed high up the pitch.

Dunk 8 - I thought he was excellent when the going got tough early on. Good on the ball thereafter and marshalled Bruno well.

Bruno 7 - I watched him intently first half and he always looked desperate to wonder and attack. Grew into the game though and made some absolutely vital challenges and clearances, and his composure was clear, as always, to see.

Bong 5 - he got an assist, which is the major positive of his performance. Otherwise, I was generally concerned. He was caught out of position on a number of times by Burke who stayed high up the pitch, but paradoxically, he didn't seem in a position to support Skalak all that much throughout the game.

Knockaert 9 - decisive first goal, decisive drive and ball for the last, constant menace and excellent defensively. If we sell him for less than £20m I would be furious.

Sidwell 5 - he did some thing excellently. Unfortunately, he also gave the ball away in crucial areas that led to chances. Deserved to keep his place post-Derby, but if Stephens stays, he's going to have to improve.

Kayal 7 - took time to grow into the game, but once he did, he bossed it.

Skalak 6.5 - there are times when he still looks far too slow and far too weak for this league, and we were crying out for Murphy. But, and here is the key reason he keeps his place, he is decisive. His ball to the back post for Hemed to knock down to Murrat was excellent, and as long as he keep producing moments like that (and the cross to Hemed who should have scored), he'll keep his place. Works hard defensively too.

Hemed 6 - got an assist, should have scored, will play much better. Outshone by his strike partner, and didn't hold the ball well enough at times, but a reasonable performance. He'll get goals in this side again.

Murray 7 - he's only lower because of his first half performance, which was awful at times. But he scored at a vital time with the second goal, got the third too. He'll be disappointed he didn't get the hat-trick as he had another two very presentable opportunities. Still, a good second home debut.

Baldock 7 - came on to offer pace in behind and pressure, and he did both things, whilst also getting an assist.

Stephens 6 - came on, kept the ball, won the ball. Did his job basically.

Norwood - N/A

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Stephens - 9

I know he wasn't on long, but within 5 minutes of coming on, he'd already broken down 2 promising Forest attacks with effortless efficiency (Including the one for our third goal). I feel so much safer with Stephens in the side, no offence to Sidwell, but Stephens is the man I'm afraid.

F*** off Burnley.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 7
Bong 6
Rossenior 6
Dunk 8 One extra for fantastic block
Bruno 7
Sidwell 4 Very poor
Kayal 7 Always available
Knockhart 8 What an entertainer
Hemed 6 Marked up one for assist but very poor
Murrey 7 Apart from goals far harder for defender to mark then Hemed
Skalak 5 Marked up one for assist.Very poor. With Murphy andLua LUa on bench how on earth did he stay on so long
Stevens Hope he starts next game
Baldock Run he made to receive Knockharts pass for last goal would not of been made by Hemed

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stockdale 6

Rosenior 7
Bruno 7
Dunk 7
Bong 7

Knockaert 8.5
Kayal 6
Sidwell 5
Skalak 6

Hemed 6
Murray 8

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I thought the link up play between Bong and Skalak needs some work to reach the heights that KILL and Bong had first half of last season

Forest could have had a couple of goals if only they had a forward on the pitch capable of hitting the target they got into good positions a few times where was their Asomalonga apologies if misspelt his name.

Sidwell tried a few unessasary flicks in the first half that did not come off and put us under pressure these were cut out second half and improved as such.

Murray does what he does two goals class act welcome home

Stockdale clean sheet not that much to do as Forest forwards could not hit a barn door on the night.

Dunk no mistakes If he irons these out f his game he will be Premership ready hopefully with the Albion.

Kayal and knockhart both outstanding

The rest of the teams all had good games nice to see Stephens on the pitch maybe he is staying after all

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I thought the link up play between Bong and Skalak needs some work to reach the heights that KILL and Bong had first half of last season

Forest could have had a couple of goals if only they had a forward on the pitch capable of hitting the target they got into good positions a few times where was their Asomalonga apologies if misspelt his name.

Sidwell tried a few unessasary flicks in the first half that did not come off and put us under pressure these were cut out second half and improved as such.

Murray does what he does two goals class act welcome home

Stockdale clean sheet not that much to do as Forest forwards could not hit a barn door on the night.

Dunk no mistakes If he irons these out f his game he will be Premership ready hopefully with the Albion.

Kayal and knockhart both outstanding

The rest of the teams all had good games nice to see Stephens on the pitch maybe he is staying after all

Stockdale palmed a ball out straight to a Forest player in the danger area. Poor from him otherwise he was ok

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Stockdale palmed a ball out straight to a Forest player in the danger area. Poor from him otherwise he was ok

Oh yes forgot that Stockdale palmed the ball straight into the path of an on rushing forward he is prone to doing that luckily as I said earlier Forest forwards could not hit a barn door on the night

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 6 - hope he is OK
Rosenoir - 7 - solid
Bong - 6 - not as solid - if Goldson is fit I'd put Liam in at LB
Bruno - 7.5 - very assured seeing he's out of position
Dunk - 7.5 - some great blocks early on in particular
Knockaert - 9 - just f****** wow
Sidwell - 6 - thought he did OK at times but Stephens looked a different class when he came on
Kayal - 6 not his best game. Great we win 3-0 when he's a bit off.
Skalak - 6 - shaky first half but good second and owned Periera
Hemed - 5 - pretty anonymous, shame he couldn't touch Jiri's cross, would have massively helped his confidence
Murray - 7 - great to have a goalscorer, but he was poor first half. Gave the ball away a lot with heavy touches and poor passes.

Baldock - 6.5 - came on at the right time, cracking run and cut back for the third goal
Stephens - 6.5 - wasn't tackling like a player looking to avoid injury before a move, hope he starts the next game
Norwood - 6.5 - sound start, great through ball near the end

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Stockers 7
Rosenior 7
Bruno 7
Dunk 8
Bong 6
Knockaert 9
Kayal 6
Sidwell 6
Skalak 7
Hemed 6
Murray 8.5

Baldock 7.5
Norwood 6
Stephens 6.5

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale. Solid but not at his best. Needs to work on his angles - developing habit of leaving far post exposed. But still a wonderful keeper. Hope injury not too bad, but it looked bad 6
Bong. Vary patchy performance - good going forward but poor defending 5
Rosenior. Essential part of the team - exceptional work rate 8
Dunk. Kept Bruno in position and in some ways increasingly Lawrensonesque. Hope the sillinesses are over 8
Bruno. He isn't a central defender but he didn't let us down. Legend 7
Sidwell. Some crunching tackles and ok but highlighted how good Stephens is 6
Kayal. The one flaw in his game is inability to hit the target when going for goal. Apart from that he once again very good indeed 8
Skalak. Seemed to be more concerned to foul. Could have easily been sent off 5
Knockaert. He makes it happen and terrifies the opposition. Seems to love it here 9
Hemed. Worked hard but presence of Murray clearly upsetting his game. They don't work together 6
Murray. Reminded me of BZ - very clever player who knows all the subtle tricks and how to score. 5 for before Baldock on; 10 for after Baldock on. Give him 8

Stephens. Our great destroyer with great distribution 8
Baldock. Exceptional assist for Murray. Baldock + Murray = goals 8
Norwood. Great vision 7

Forest. In for a very long season

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Stockdale - 6 - hope he is OK
Rosenoir - 7 - solid
Bong - 6 - not as solid - if Goldson is fit I'd put Liam in at LB
Bruno - 7.5 - very assured seeing he's out of position
Dunk - 7.5 - some great blocks early on in particular
Knockaert - 9 - just f****** wow
Sidwell - 6 - thought he did OK at times but Stephens looked a different class when he came on
Kayal - 6 not his best game. Great we win 3-0 when he's a bit off.
Skalak - 6 - shaky first half but good second and owned Periera
Hemed - 5 - pretty anonymous, shame he couldn't touch Jiri's cross, would have massively helped his confidence
Murray - 7 - great to have a goalscorer, but he was poor first half. Gave the ball away a lot with heavy touches and poor passes.

Baldock - 6.5 - came on at the right time, cracking run and cut back for the third goal
Stephens - 6.5 - wasn't tackling like a player looking to avoid injury before a move, hope he starts the next game
Norwood - 6.5 - sound start, great through ball near the end

Ditto

Ray666

Aug 18, 2013
Thought Dunky looked the part when he first dropped kicked the ball from the re start.........................until he then picked up his water bottle and dropped it right in front of a few Forest fans that were still there, absolute classic.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Stockdale: 7 - Didn't have an awful lot to do, but did it well. A couple of misplaced kicks and parried a shot to Veldwijk which gave him a chance was a slight concern, but more than anything I hope the injury isn't too bad.
Rosenior: 7 - So much more pace than you think he has - superb run which was ended by Iacovitti, and dependable in defence.
Bruno: 7 - Would have been slightly higher but was concerned at set-pieces, that he was out muscled too often. Still, has done magnificently covering Goldson so no complaints.
Dunk: 8.5 - couple of immense tackles and the 2nd half block showed how good he is. Not sure he put a foot wrong.
Bong: 7 - loses a point for being woefully out of position on a couple of occasions and was weak in the tackle when Burke went clear, but does gain the point back for some good work going forward...and a superb cross for the 1st.
Knockaert: 9 - This wasn't even his best game for us, but he was brilliant, a constant menace both in open play and set pieces.
Kayal: 7 - A quiet night for him, didn't have a bad game but seemed lost in the first half as Forest had more control of the CM.
Sidwell: 6.5 - he wasn't terrible, but it's only a matter of time before Stephens comes back in. Deserved to play on merit, but it wasn't his best.
Skalak: 7 - The best crosser of the ball we have. Brilliant cross to Hemed (with the outside of his boot!) but I genuinely felt concerned that he was going to get sent off tonight.
Hemed: 6.5 - Just didn't come off for him. I'm not sure him and Murray is the long term solution but he never gave up trying.
Murray: 8 - two well taken goals but should have had a third....I can't give him any higher as he was anonymous in the first half.

Baldock: 7.5 - With Forest playing 3 at the back I felt he should have started to stretch them, exactly as he did for Murray's 2nd. He's becoming the scapegoat (see Barnes, Ashley) but I like him and would start him and rotate Hemed/Murray.
Norwood: 6.5 - did well, excellent ball to Murray for his late chance and seemed to just 'do' his job. Simple yet effective.
Stephens: 7 - great defensive work, so calm to rob the Forest player on the edge of the area and set us off for the 3rd. Good to see him back.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stockdale - 6 - flapping a bit at crosses
Rosenior - 7- defended well against Ward and got forward on a few occasions
Bruno -7- didn't look like he was playing out of position at all
Dunk - 8- great block and he kept a clean sheet in goal !
Bong -5- good assist for the first goal but other than that I thought he had a poor game . He couldn't cope with the Forest wingers and we were inches away of being 1-0 down in the first half when he got beat
Knockaert -9- A special player scoring on a special day for him .
Sidwell -6- did a job in midfield against Lansbury
Kayal -7- bossed the game , he will be vital for us this year
Skalak -6- hit and miss. Didn't do much for very long then came to life towards the end . Good training ground set piece for the 2nd goal
Hemed -5- won a few headers against their CBs but lacked pace .
Murray -8- he was brilliant . Winning flick ons and holding up the play, he also showed he can be in the right place at the right time .

Stephens -6- hopefully in a starting place soon
Baldock -6- he has pace and set Murray up beautifully
Norwood -6- looks a decent signing and his through ball to GM should have been his hattrick

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 7

Rosenior 7
Bong 7

Dunk 7
Bong 7

Kayal 7
Sidwell 6

Skalak 6
Knockaert 8