Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver Burke

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Leipzig stadium looks strangely familiar......

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 625

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting read.

There's something of the MK Dons* about RB Leipzig, it appears.

*But with actual success, obviously.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Agreed. I suspect there's probably a lot to do with money in this move, as it sounds like RB Leipzig are going all in thanks to the money from their sponsors. That said, it could be fantastic for his development (as a person as well as a footballer) to experience a different culture, language and game. Slight pity that he's Scottish, as he's looked rather good when I've seen him.

I wish him well. Which I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear :lol:

Nah, he'll surely think it's half baked drivel! :wink:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Seems a very strange move for such a young person. I can see him back in a year at QPR, Bournemouth or Celtic.

I think Leipzig have been really smart. Bearing in mind how little you get for mega millions in the Prem. I can see their gamble paying off big time. Good Luck to them....and him.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
There's something of the MK Dons* about RB Leipzig, it appears.

*But with actual success, obviously.

Just a bit! A much hated and despised club in Germany due to their ditching of the normal 50+1 fan ownership concept. RB Leipzig are frequently the target of fan protests from traditionalists. After years of trying to buy their way into numerous established Bundesliga clubs and being repelled by fan protest, they eventually bought the playing licence to a small town team called SSV Markranstädt who were playing at semi professional level in Saxony. Dietrich Mateschitz the Red Bull boss moved them to Leipzig in 2010. All sounds a bit familiar? Rather than tin pot Pete Winkelman at MK, they have the unlimited wealth of the Red Bull Empire backing them and have been able to buy their way to the Bundesliga in a few short years.

As mentioned, the current 'sporting director' Ralf Rangnick once played for Southwick whilst at Sussex Uni. Rangnick was also linked with the Albion job when its been vacant in recent times. Another Albion link (of sorts): The current coach at 'sister club' RB Salzburg is one Oscar Garcia.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Fawaz didn't include a sell on clause when selling Burke, as the German club gave him the transfer fee in one go. Ridiculous decision:facepalm:

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003

Fawaz didn't include a sell on clause when sellling Burke, as the German club gave him the transfer fee in one go. Ridiculous decision:facepalm:

That could be a very expensive mistake but by the time he is sold on the Forest owner will be long gone.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Blimey! Didn't realise there was life outside The Best League In The World(TM)... :dunce:

Good luck to him - quality player.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Excellent betting opportunities (bet365) on Oliver Burke for Scotland v Malta tonight:

Burke score anytime 5/2
Burke score first/last goal 7/1
Burke score two or more goals 18/1

Strachan's by-passed the U-21's and put him straight into the senior squad.

Hoof it to the big lad up front! :clap:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here