Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Have always held back from moaning about it, however half time in the WSU was an utter shambles. The club need to take a serious look at it.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I agree, I don't normally moan and I think the North Stand has generally been better than other stands but tonight was awful and it was nowhere near full. It didn't help that the kiosk I normally go to by the East entrance which is normally quiet has been turned into a pizza outlet which didn't seem to serve alcohol so had to join long queues further down the stand with 40 minutes to kick off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Before the game, at the North Stand middle kiosk, I ordered a pint of Strongbow. Got handed what looked suspiciously like a pint of lager. Took a sip. Confirmed it was indeed lager. Told the serving bloke it was lager. He said 'Ah, thought it was'. He replaced it with a pint of Strongbow - and put the pint of lager back among the other pints of pre-poured lager :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The WSU was a complete and utter clusterf**k. Got there at 6.50, finally got a beer at 7.30. Crushingly slow service, every transaction took an absolute AGE because they didn't know how to work the tills. Colleagues were being called over left, right and centre to peer at the screen and prod at it while the tills the colleagues were called from stood unserved. Nobody in charge, no visible supervisor or manager to help with the problems.

Thought about getting something at half time, but then thought better of it. My lad left on 42 minutes to get something to eat, returned to his seat just before the start of the 2nd half empty handed, having got nowhere NEAR being served.

Its really boring. Its really old hat, But it is a complete and utter S H A M B L E S

barchetta

Mar 21, 2016
i'm not sure why we can't use the european model of paying in one area and collecting elsewhere therefore collection can deal with handing out beers and pie rather than faffing with money cards etc.

Have to say it was appalling tonight.

And why have they removed a couple of tills from the WSU kiosk at the north end, huge queues.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree, I don't normally moan and I think the North Stand has generally been better than other stands but tonight was awful and it was nowhere near full. It didn't help that the kiosk I normally go to by the East entrance which is normally quiet has been turned into a pizza outlet which didn't seem to serve alcohol so had to join long queues further down the stand with 40 minutes to kick off.

We always used that one, the girl in charge was superb as if there was anything they didn't have she would run of to another kiosk to collect it. But no longer.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Have always held back from moaning about it, however half time in the WSU was an utter shambles. The club need to take a serious look at it.
You miserable *******. On the back of a 3 nil win and all you can do is moan about the catering. Unreal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The WSU was a complete and utter clusterf**k. Got there at 6.50, finally got a beer at 7.30. Crushingly slow service, every transaction took an absolute AGE because they didn't know how to work the tills. Colleagues were being called over left, right and centre to peer at the screen and prod at it while the tills the colleagues were called from stood unserved. Nobody in charge, no visible supervisor or manager to help with the problems.

Thought about getting something at half time, but then thought better of it. My lad left on 42 minutes to get something to eat, returned to his seat just before the start of the 2nd half empty handed, having got nowhere NEAR being served.

Its really boring. Its really old hat, But it is a complete and utter S H A M B L E S
Have to agree wsu was woeful today.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You miserable *******. On the back of a 3 nil win and all you can do is moan about the catering. Unreal.

Don't be a div. Its an entirely separate issue.

I'm ecstatic about the performance and the result, its been a great night. But it would have been nice to have been able to get a beer and have a chat with a mate who I met on the concourse who I don't see very often. Instead, I spent the best part of 40 minutes standing in a queue, and then just had to chug it down to get to my seat for kickoff.

Thats proper shit service, and whether we draw 0-0, lose 3-0 or win 5-0, it doesn't alter the fact that trying to get a bevvy before the game or at half time was next to bleedin' impossible.

Not good enough.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I was there earlyish just after 6 and asked for a steak pie and a pint, got given a hot dog and was charged more than I should have been. This server then didn't know how to correct the amount so had to wait for someone else to come over and sort it all out.

Me and the old man then went and bought a couple of drinks from the same server after the match and she took the money and closed the till without giving us the change.

It is all a bit shambolic and I don't often purchase food and drink at the stadium and probably won't for most of the season.

Oh well, 3-0 win and top of the league. Happy Days!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Every time this comes up the club, externally at least, shrug their shoulders and suggest that's just the way catering works.

It's been going on for five years now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Win 3-0 but there's always something to moan about. It wouldn't be NSC without it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Season starts in Aug which normally means very good weather. So why just one beer wagon outside near the band stand? It's simply not enough.Queues are pathetically long

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Every time this comes up the club, externally at least, shrug their shoulders and suggest that's just the way catering works.

It's been long on for five years now.

I hesitate to even mention it because its so boring, its just the norm. But it did irk me tonight in particular. Having just biked 8 miles I was gasping for a pint, and having clocked a mate who'd got there earlier, I went off to grab a drink and get back for a chat - fat chance. Look, I don't really EXPECT to be served quickly when its less than an hour to kickoff, obviously. But 40 bloody minutes ? Seriously ?

Half time was a complete write-off as well of course, unless you were prepared to miss about 10 minutes of the first half.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I left with 3 mins to go second half to do the beer run. I still had 8 people in front of me as the players came out for the second half. I gave up and went back to watch a great second half.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Win 3-0 but there's always something to moan about. It wouldn't be NSC without it.

Sorry, I thought this was the CATERING thread. I've raved about the performance elsewhere - I wasn't aware that the teams performance or the scoreline actually serves to eradicate the piss-poor service on offer in the WSU for several thousand people trying to buy a beer or a pie.

Do you need me to explain about the concept of separate issues ?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Don't be a div. Its an entirely separate issue.

I'm ecstatic about the performance and the result, its been a great night. But it would have been nice to have been able to get a beer and have a chat with a mate who I met on the concourse who I don't see very often. Instead, I spent the best part of 40 minutes standing in a queue, and then just had to chug it down to get to my seat for kickoff.

Thats proper shit service, and whether we draw 0-0, lose 3-0 or win 5-0, it doesn't alter the fact that trying to get a bevvy before the game or at half time was next to bleedin' impossible.

Not good enough.
Write to the club then instead of moaning your miserable on here about not having enough time for a beer with your mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here