Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
He played well second half and scored 2 goals that settled the game. He was poor in the first half, as was Hemed, partly because they were getting in each others way. Overall good, but not fantastic. If he was fantastic he'd have got 9's in the player rating thread.
Subdued 1st half all around barr Knockys goal. Ok, I'll settle for good overall with a fantastically clinical period in the 2nd half ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought in the first half Murray and Hemed were getting in each other's way as natural strikers they were both heading for the same areas on crosses. Second half they played much better with hemed dropping a little deeper.

As for Glenn I thought he had an excellent second half and his movement and intelligent positioning are going to get him bags of goals in this side. His second goal demonstrated how well he reads the game when he held his run to present baldock with a clear option for a cut back and then put a bit of lift on the shot to take it over the trailing leg

Anyone still doubting him and his ability at this level with be seriously stuffed on humble pie by the end of this season

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
So if it's not shown in the highlights it didn't happen. OK then.
Well, it's strange how they didn't pick up on it if it was the 'bona-fide sitter' you say it was but they included all other attempts on goal. I don't recall it nor does one other poster on here. Anyway, it's not worth debating.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
So if it's not shown in the highlights it didn't happen. OK then.
Sorry, I do recall it. 2nd half? Attempted to glance it across the keepers left hand side? If it was that, then that was no way a 'sitter'. Attempted glancing header from an acute angle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personal opinions

Some say Kayal is better than Stephens and Kayal won fans player of the year last year but Management and people in the world of football think differently.

Not sure that many do, at least the ones I know. However, as you say, all opinions and actually I think Hemed and Murray are a promising combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry, I do recall it. 2nd half? Attempted to glance it across the keepers left hand side? If it was that, then that was no way a 'sitter'. Attempted glancing header from an acute angle.

That's not how I remember it. I seem to recall it was from a free-kick just outside the box on the west side.
Norwood may have taken the kick.
Murray glanced the header wide, but not from an acute angle. A full blooded header would probably have scored.
However I'm pretty sure he was offside anyway.
I could be wrong though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's not how I remember it. I seem to recall it was from a free-kick just outside the box on the west side.
Norwood may have taken the kick.
Murray glanced the header wide, but not from an acute angle. A full blooded header would probably have scored.
However I'm pretty sure he was offside anyway.
I could be wrong though.

Yep, glancing header (from a Skalak free kick) went wide, but the flag was up anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here