Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player.... Convince me!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Cannot get onto any of the usual links I usually use to watch Brighton, my antivirus keeps blocking them.
Thinking about Seagulls Player, is it worth the monthly fee.

Convince me :)

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
its saving me once again this evening here inear Frankfurt
as i cant find a stream that works on my Laptop ...
and i love the Highlights and other content ...well worth it

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Sometimes it doesn't work but if you live outside of Sussex it is pretty essential to listen in on every game, as I am currently doing! Albion about to take corner, ooooooh just wide from Murray!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
The other thing I like about the radio commentary is that I can go gardening / odd jobs at the same time which means I'm multi tasking which keeps everyone happy!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Probably the best bit is that you can access all of the teams with your log in details , there are a lot of games we see just the highlights of and the team we have played version of seagulls player have the whole match , i like to go on the team we are due to play player and check out their highlights to see what we are in for , it's lag is a pain but well worth the dosh .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I found it a bit clumsy to set up but the live commentary and highlights are good.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
When it works it's good.. It can get very frustrating when it keeps cutting out.. But, if like me you are based just outside Frankfurt, Germany, it is the only consistent way I can listen to the non TV games. The interviews and highlights are generally pretty good, if only the in game coverage was more consistent...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When it works it's good.. It can get very frustrating when it keeps cutting out.. But, if like me you are based just outside Frankfurt, Germany, it is the only consistent way I can listen to the non TV games. The interviews and highlights are generally pretty good, if only the in game coverage was more consistent...

It's improved a lot over the past year or so though. Long cut outs seem quite rare these days.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Value: for 4 quid a month I was able to listen to this morning's game in a car park in California. About a pound a game over the season. Bargain.

Reliability it might drop out for a second or two once or twice a game but usually no worse. Its bad days do actually seem to be behind it (I know, I know ... I shouldn't have said it ... apologies).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cannot get onto any of the usual links I usually use to watch Brighton, my antivirus keeps blocking them.

Yes. Have found it pretty reliable now, highlights are good, the full 90 is usually available and I like watching the pre and post-match interviews and full press conferences. For a quid a week it's good value. Great when I am abroad to be able to listen to games too.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It used to be awful.

It's quite good now.

You're welcome.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, in summary, it's good value and has real benefit.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
HD Highlights can be absolute rubbish quality (like last night's game). The Albion always blame the opposition for poor quality for our away games, forgetting that ours is just as crap a lot of times.

Good for interviews for those of us outside the area.

Can be unreliable for live commentary.

However, it is cheap.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

its saving me once again this evening here inear Frankfurt
as i cant find a stream that works on my Laptop ...
and i love the Highlights and other content ...well worth it

Seagulls player is always 30 seconds behind updates on my phone

When it works it's good and the highlights are handy if sometimes abbreviated

Sometimes it doesn't work but if you live outside of Sussex it is pretty essential to listen in on every game, as I am currently doing! Albion about to take corner, ooooooh just wide from Murray!

The other thing I like about the radio commentary is that I can go gardening / odd jobs at the same time which means I'm multi tasking which keeps everyone happy!

Probably the best bit is that you can access all of the teams with your log in details , there are a lot of games we see just the highlights of and the team we have played version of seagulls player have the whole match , i like to go on the team we are due to play player and check out their highlights to see what we are in for , it's lag is a pain but well worth the dosh .

It's improved a lot over the past year or so though. Long cut outs seem quite rare these days.

Value: for 4 quid a month I was able to listen to this morning's game in a car park in California. About a pound a game over the season. Bargain.

Reliability it might drop out for a second or two once or twice a game but usually no worse. Its bad days do actually seem to be behind it (I know, I know ... I shouldn't have said it ... apologies).

Had it for four or five years now, it has improved a lot. Worth the money for what you get.

So, in summary, it's good value and has real benefit.

HD Highlights can be absolute rubbish quality (like last night's game). The Albion always blame the opposition for poor quality for our away games, forgetting that ours is just as crap a lot of times.

Good for interviews for those of us outside the area.

Can be unreliable for live commentary.

However, it is cheap.

Cheers all, have subscribed this afternoon.
Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here