Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hope they get the ******* driving this car...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe it is shock but it always surprised me how long it takes people to react to these incidents.
Wasn't there a very similar incident in the same area last year?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Have looked through this twice; it's terrifying. And how many of the public nearby seem so slow to react...

Probably in shock and probably not sure what has happened. I witnessed someone get hit by a car years ago and absolutely no-one did anything. I was only a kid and ran to the phone box to call 999. Probably took 2-3 mins to make the call etc. By the time I got back to the accident only one person was helping the person who had been run over. The driver wouldn't get out of the car. Shock does really strange things to people.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Maybe it is shock but it always surprised me how long it takes people to react to these incidents.
Wasn't there a very similar incident in the same area last year?

From looking at it I would say that it is the same incident. Infact reading the article it says it was January so the same incident if you are thinking of the one I am.

The last one turned into a bit of a binfest which I, unfortunately, contributed to by saying we didn't know the circumstances and what caused them to drive off. However, the fact this much time has passed and they still haven't admitted to it means that I reverse those sentiments and am happy to go down the 'scum' route

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I cross the road there on foot probably about once or twice a week and ALWAYS think of this incident now. Total scumbags who deserve everything they get.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
From looking at it I would say that it is the same incident. Infact reading the article it says it was January so the same incident if you are thinking of the one I am.

The last one turned into a bit of a binfest which I, unfortunately, contributed to by saying we didn't know the circumstances and what caused them to drive off. However, the fact this much time has passed and they still haven't admitted to it means that I reverse those sentiments and am happy to go down the 'scum' route

Think you are right. Same one. Very upsetting.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This reminds me of an incident on the A23 southbound at the Little Chef in the 80s. I was sitting in my car in the lay-by heading back to Brighton finishing off sandwiches my wife had made for me and didn't want to dispose of or return with them uneaten. It was during rush hour and an elderly couple were crossing the road from the northbound lay-by. There was no central reservation and I watched as the woman stayed on the double white lines whilst the man walked into the outside lane of the southbound carriageway when he was flipped over the car doing around 70mph. I was out of the car and managed to slow the traffic before I asked a driver to put his vehicle at right angles to the carriageway thus creating a barrier. The guy looked pretty much dead and the wife was led into the Little Chef by another motorist. By now there was a doctor on the scene who had also stopped. Drivers were still trying to get round the parked car by going into the northbound lanes creating more potential accidents. It was pretty shocking and I spent a few hours at the scene giving a statement etc. I had to attend a Coroners Court in Haywards Heath where I said what I saw and felt that no blame was attached to the driver. Still felt bad as the wife thought differently.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here