Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London, on Test Match Special

Does he support the England Cricket team though?
Yes. Although he did say that he and his brother once deviated for a short time from their original loyalty to England, as a result of being on the receiving end of racial abuse at the Oval. He's now very much back in the England camp, though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Loved the way the new Mayor of London was lined up to greet Andy Murray after his Wimbledon triumph only for Murray to walk straight past him because he didn't know who he was.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes. Although he did say that he and his brother once deviated for a short time from their original loyalty to England, as a result of being on the receiving end of racial abuse at the Oval. He's now very much back in the England camp, though.
Yeah right, course he is.

Yeah right, course he is.
Did you listen to the interview? Most of the half hour was spent with him talking about cricket, including his experience as a Club cricketer in South London and the trial that he had for Surrey. He has a wide range of cricketing heroes who influenced his playing style, most notably Ian Botham.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sadiq Khan was demonised by the Tories in the run up to the last Mayoral election but since he gained office he seems to talk a lot of sense. I heard his lunch comments about how he turned to supporting Pakistan for a while thanks to the vilification of himself and his brother by " England " fans.... very sad and should be a source of great shame. Nice bloke.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Did you listen to the interview? Most of the half hour was spent with him talking about cricket, including his experience as a Club cricketer in South London and the trial that he had for Surrey. He has a wide range of cricketing heroes who influenced his playing style, most notably Ian Botham.

I didn't have to listen to it , it'll be the stock " ambitious Pakistani politician who has designs on the PM job gives interview designed to appeal to white voters " Schtick , where he does exactly as you say he did , and well meaning , naive white people like you will lap it up , I grew up in tooting , just along the road from him in earlsfield and they ALL regard themselves as Pakistani first and foremost , here's an example of what Sadiq REALLY thinks UNCLE TOM ??

And here is Tooting when PAKISTAN won the 20/20

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Sadiq Khan was demonised by the Tories in the run up to the last Mayoral election but since he gained office he seems to talk a lot of sense. I heard his lunch comments about how he turned to supporting Pakistan for a while thanks to the vilification of himself and his brother by " England " fans.... very sad and should be a source of great shame. Nice bloke.
Naive fools like you lap this sort of " heroic minority defies racists to triumph in the end " sh1t up don't you , I can virtually guarantee it's the sort of made up crap designed to appeal to idiots like you.

Naive fools like you lap this sort of " heroic minority defies racists to triumph in the end " sh1t up don't you , I can virtually guarantee it's the sort of made up crap designed to appeal to idiots like you.

"I can virtually guarantee" is a handy phrase that particularly appeals to bigots who are announcing their intention to shut their ears to any counter-arguments.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Permanently offended alfredmizen/bushy spouting rubbish in NSC shocker..

Says the man from Worthing , I grew up with lots of Sadiq Khans , you, didn't , hence the pink fluffy view of the world that you have.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
"I can virtually guarantee" is a handy phrase that particularly appeals to bigots who are announcing their intention to shut their ears to any counter-arguments.

How's social cohesion in Firle these days ? All the different races rubbing along nicely ?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Says the man from Worthing , I grew up with lots of Sadiq Khans , you, didn't , hence the pink fluffy view of the world that you have.

Must have been so tough - all those non-white people stealing your jobs. The personal experience of a bigot proves little other than your own fears and misconceptions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here