Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TRAVEL LATEST - BHA v FOREST - TRAINS NOW STOPPING AT FALMER - NORMAL SERVICE PLUS EXTRAS

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
#BHAFC TRAVEL UPDATE:

- NO trains running to Falmer after 5pm

- Bridge and Sussex Uni have sold out

- Sainsbury’s at West Hove sold out

- Free parking and shuttle at Dukes Mound/Marine Parade from 5pm (just show match ticket)

- Space still available to book at Brendan Equestrian P&R (Pycombe) opens 5pm

- Free parking and shuttle at Lewes Station from 5pm (just show match ticket)

- All three park & ride sites open at 5pm

Everywhere will be very busy so please allow extra time, arrive early and please be patient

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You know there are like 2 other sticky threads on this yeah?
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] is club official spokesperson, so yeah, WELL worth making a sticky.

Oh, and [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION], probably worth doing an equivalent post on timings (last buses, no trains etc.) for getting home from the game, as well as getting to the game, as this will be equally important, and probably far more important for most people to know. Cheers.

Are there any rail replacement buses running from Brighton Station to Falmer and are the security checks still in place?

Not from Brighton Station. My advice would be to walk down to Churchill Square or St Peter's Church and catch a 25 or 28/29.

As far as I understand the plan, trains will be running from Brighton to Lewes, but they won't be stopping at Falmer.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Not from Brighton Station. My advice would be to walk down to Churchill Square or St Peter's Church and catch a 25 or 28/29.

As far as I understand the plan, trains will be running from Brighton to Lewes, but they won't be stopping at Falmer.

Thank you. Might have helped alleviate the situation slightly by having rail replacement buses rather than us overwhelming the already under pressure bus network.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Thank you. Might have helped alleviate the situation slightly by having rail replacement buses rather than us overwhelming the already under pressure bus network.

That would involve #SouthernFail having consideration for their Customers.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Assuming that's not covered under the subsidised travel? How much is a bus return now?

The Club has probably already booked every spare bus available anywhere within driving distance of Brighton, so there are none available at short notice to the train company.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

49's as well if you don't mind the walk up from Moulsecoomb, may be less busy than the 25/28/29's

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Assuming that's not covered under the subsidised travel? How much is a bus return now?

The buses you quote are certainly covered by the subsidised travel. For info - not that you'll need it as it's covered by subsidised travel - bus prices are £2.50 single, £5 return (or £5 for an all day ticket that let's you travel/transfer between red'n'yellow buses all day)

You have not been charged for this information as it's covered by the subsidised travel :moo:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh, and [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION], probably worth doing an equivalent post on timings (last buses, no trains etc.) for getting home from the game, as well as getting to the game, as this will be equally important, and probably far more important for most people to know. Cheers.

Yes please [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]. Planning to stay for a beer or 2 after the match to let the queues go down, but would be useful to know what time P&R stops

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
... But the trains from Lewes will not stop at Falmer.

I have just heard from Bexhill station that the only way back to Eastbourne and beyond is to take the train???? to Brighton travel to Haywards Heath and change to the Victoria Line train.

This whole thing is getting very confusing, looks like the TV then!!!!

I have just heard from Bexhill station that the only way back to Eastbourne and beyond is to take the train???? to Brighton travel to Haywards Heath and change to the Victoria Line train.

This whole thing is getting very confusing, looks like the TV then!!!!
The staff at Bexhill station probably don't know that the Club have organised a post-match shuttle bus service from the stadium to Lewes that will connect you into the Lewes - Bexhill train service.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here