May 19, 2009
Amazonia
candle.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It saddens me.

I find it hard to muster sympathy, but behind this story may well be family members and friends grieving and wondering what went wrong.

When 16 year old girls start travelling to war zones because of a twisted belief then something is seriously wrong and we all have to ask what can be done to put it right.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Part of me feels sad due to her young age but another part feels it may act as a deterrent to others.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It saddens me.

I find it hard to muster sympathy, but behind this story may well be family members and friends grieving and wondering what went wrong.

When 16 year old girls start travelling to war zones because of a twisted belief then something is seriously wrong and we all have to ask what can be done to put it right.

Indeed. Understandable that people choose to feel 'no sympathy' with the individual, but that doesn't mean there is not cause to feel sadness at the whole appalling situation.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It saddens me.

Make religious indoctrination of children a criminal offence?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Ahh shucks and they probably thought it was going to be all roses and sunshine... It's not like they thought they were going to Disney World.... Serves her right IMO

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have no sympathy. I don't feel that makes me a bad person, but just fed up with the way of the world these days.

When I saw the headline from the BBC 'British School girl feared dead...' I got more angry about that than anything else. Why is she 'feared dead' as if there is some form of tragedy just because she is British, whereas when a foreign IS fighter is killed it is deemed to be some form of victory and celebration?

Either value all life equally or treat it as a war and the enemy being one down. Don't pick and chose and add to the ridiculous nationalism of media reporting

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It saddens me.

Perhaps those family members and friends might know full well what went wrong. Have we not heard this before? Families expressing shock, and then it emerges that their own fanaticism might well have negatively influenced an impressionable young mind. I too have little sympathy - you live by the sword, you die by the sword, though it is nonetheless sad, as she was not fully mature, probably easily influenced, and not capable of making fully rational decisions, given her lack of experience in life. I am not sure, however, why we all have to ask what can be done - I suspect that the solution lies with a certain minority group. We live in a very tolerant society, with opportunity for those willing to snatch it, and full integration with a willingness to embrace what the British stand for, might just lessen the risks.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps those family members and friends might know full well what went wrong. Have we not heard this before? Families expressing shock, and then it emerges that their own fanaticism might well have negatively influenced an impressionable young mind. I too have little sympathy - you live by the sword, you die by the sword, though it is nonetheless sad, as she was not fully mature, probably easily influenced, and not capable of making fully rational decisions, given her lack of experience in life. I am not sure, however, why we all have to ask what can be done - I suspect that the solution lies with a certain minority group. We live in a very tolerant society, with opportunity for those willing to snatch it, and full integration with a willingness to embrace what the British stand for, might just lessen the risks.

Perhaps when a member of your family is affected by something that is due to a breakdown in society you will be asking what can be done and then you'll become annoyed at comments on social media that shrug off any sense of responsibility.

You do live by the sword and die by the sword. Sometimes that sword is a blunt instrument like a bomb or a gun. Sometimes it is something more subtle, like a policy.

It is hard to find sympathy, but it isn't hard to reflect and ask questions.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
It saddens me.

Ooooo .. that was was just on the edge of saying it's the fault of some one else... close call...... you pedal yourself to the highest bidder in a genocidal 'society' in a war zone... then you have no one to blame but yourself if bad things happen to you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here