Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cuilfail Tunnel Lewes closed tonight.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tonight from 9PM the Cuilfail Tunnel in Lewes will be closed for lighting replacement. Just for tonight. ???
Diversions will be in place, so more chaos for fans that will be trying to get home from tonight's match.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
oh for ****s sake

Ringmer way home then, add another 10-15 minutes to the journey time, although station street is probably still closed as well so the diversion there from the station car park can take you to the top of town and onto the A27 at Kingston roundabout

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Went to Lewes this week and some roads around the station are closed and diversions in place.

D

Deleted User X18H

Tonight from 9PM the Cuilfail Tunnel in Lewes will be closed for lighting replacement. Just for tonight. ???
Diversions will be in place, so more chaos for fans that will be trying to get home from tonight's match.

That's it!! Barbara out

D

Deleted User X18H

Couldn't make it up. Have Tweeted ESCC Highways twice about this, but no response.

All to change a few blown lightbulbs apparently.

I lived in Uckfield once for 6 months or so.

Pudding Cake Lane.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
oh for ****s sake

Ringmer way home then, add another 10-15 minutes to the journey time, although station street is probably still closed as well so the diversion there from the station car park can take you to the top of town and onto the A27 at Kingston roundabout

Eh? It won't affect the A27.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Eh? It won't affect the A27.

I think he means that, from the station, he will have to drive, via the diversion from Station Street, past the prison, to join the A27, before heading east. Normally, it would be straight up Station Street, round the one way system and through the tunnel. It will add about 15 minutes to his drive home. That's after having to queue for a shuttle bus to Lewes.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think he means that, from the station, he will have to drive, via the diversion from Station Street, past the prison, to join the A27, before heading east. Normally, it would be straight up Station Street, round the one way system and through the tunnel. It will add about 15 minutes to his drive home. That's after having to queue for a shuttle bus to Lewes.

Don't think so:

Ringmer way home then,

They could open the gate at the end of south street for an hour to make it easier. They won't though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nice joined up thinking by the authorities ...... not !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oh for ****s sake

went there couple weeks ago, the diversion takes you up the first right, parallel to Station st, at the top turn right and away to Ringmer.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

No he won't. The standard diversion for traffic leaving central Lewes for the A27, when the tunnel is closed, is to drive southwards down South Street to the southern end of the tunnel, where the barrier that is normally closed will be open.

Only traffic travelling northbound through the tunnel has to be diverted via the Prison crossroads.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Not trying to sensationalise, as it wont make a huge difference to me, but that will move me to plan D for getting there given Clayton Hill is also closed. No I am not coming from Bangalore. . .

Not trying to sensationalise, as it wont make a huge difference to me, but that will move me to plan D for getting there given Clayton Hill is also closed. No I am not coming from Bangalore. . .

Guy at work just told me that and I honestly thought he was taking the piss.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here