Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baldock-l229-3240791_613x460.jpg

Sam Baldock
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 11th August 2016
by Kieran Cleeves
Albion's forward wants to improve on his tally from last season.
It’s goals that people are going to be looking at and those goals will fire us out of this division. "
Sam Baldock
Sam Baldock is focused on adding more goals to his unselfish team play for Brighton & Hove Albion, following his opener in Tuesday night’s 4-0 victory over Colchester United in the EFL Cup.
The striker found the back of the net on 64 minutes, and although keen to improve on his goalscoring exploits, Baldock knows the importance of finding the correct balance in his performance.
He said, “I wouldn’t say I need to be more selfish, but perhaps I need to get into more goalscoring positions, instead of using all my energy going back and stopping attacks.
"It’s goals that people are going to be looking at and those goals will fire us out of this division.
“I’ve been disappointed with my tallies in previous years, I know my team-mates appreciate my team play, but if I can contribute a few more goals, that would be good for all of us."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The 27-year-old was also happy to have the responsibility of captaining Albion’s young side and felt their second half performance deserved the 4-0 scoreline.
“It’s nice to feel appreciated, it’s something I’ve done at my previous club but never here before, and we’re off to a winning start.
"I was told when the teamsheets needed to be in, I don’t envisage it carrying on, but it was nice for today.
“We had to be patient, they were very solid in the first half, we felt we moved the ball well and controlled the game, but just couldn’t find that final pass.
“We addressed that at half-time, came out firing in the second half and finally got the goals we deserved.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here