Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben White

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Anybody else think Chris Hughton is giving him a chance to prove himself while we wait for Goldson & Uwe to come back from injury?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I will tell you when he announces the team tomorrow. Expect it to be Bruno playing at CB though!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No.

We simply haven't brought somebody in to replace Greer. I personally think we are taking a massive gamble. We have two very winnable home games on the spin. Anything less will be very disappointing.

The club were well aware how long Godson would be out for.

Can't afford to be slack this time around after missing out on GD and dropping to many points.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Anybody else think Chris Hughton is giving him a chance to prove himself while we wait for Goldson & Uwe to come back from injury?

Yes, because that is clearly what he is doing. He's named him on the bench as our back up CB and started him in the cup. So, yes, he is giving him a chance. Odd post.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that playing alongside Dunk he would not let us down , based on the EFL Cup game, but it would be hard on LR to be dropped for Bruno to return to right back.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes, because that is clearly what he is doing. He's named him on the bench as our back up CB and started him in the cup. So, yes, he is giving him a chance. Odd post.

Nonsense. Hughton has no choice. There isn't anybody else to fill that role

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
No.

We simply haven't brought somebody in to replace Greer. I personally think we are taking a massive gamble. We have two very winnable home games on the spin. Anything less will be very disappointing.

The club were well aware how long Godson would be out for.

Can't fford to be slack this time around after missing out on GD and dropping to many points.

No? Hughton clearly is giving White a chance in the first team squad, bearing in mind he was with the under 18's last year. Whether we should have brought someone else in to cover Goldson instead is a different matter entirely.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It will be the same team that started against Derby, Shirley?

Liam Rosenior is the long term successor for Bruno at right back and if the bald Senor is happy in the centre, then long may he reign.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No? Hughton clearly is giving White a chance in the first team squad, bearing in mind he was with the under 18's last year. Whether we should have brought someone else in to cover Goldson instead is a different matter entirely.

As i have already said, he has no choice as the club has failed to bring someone in to date

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Nonsense. Hughton has no choice. there isn't anybody else.

Agree of course, you're right-there is no one else. But due to this fact-he is giving him a chance, whether he has a choice or not. And I'd suggest loaning out Dallinson and leaving out Hall says he's willing to give him that chance if it arises. Plus his comments post Derby match saying "If we'd had a problem at the back he would have gone on"

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think he is looking to give him experience around the squad, rather than prove himself, driven by the fact that we have a CB crisis.. He wont be used unless we get an injury and emergency, in my opinion.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Got to be a reason we are going into our 2nd league game with only 4 fit defenders when we have money to spend though?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Got to be a reason we are going into our 2nd league game with only 4 fit defenders when we have money to spend though?

We moved on two of our promising young CBs (Dallison on loan, and Rea permanently) and brought in Hall, with SPL experience - but young White gets the nod ahead of him. Perhaps the powers that be think that White is actually a gem of young talent that can actually move up this season and be our 4h. choice CB?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Maybe the reason is, we can't sign a player that we want, long term yet, or even at all, so rather than waste said money on an inferior stop gap, we have a little patience, and continue with Bruno, who, to be fair is not a terrible player at CB

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe the reason is, we can't sign a player that we want, long term yet, or even at all, so rather than waste said money on an inferior stop gap, we have a little patience, and continue with Bruno, who, to be fair is not a terrible player at CB

There are experienced CBs available who could be brought in like we did with Upson for 12 months, without breaking the bank. The problem is bringing in some body lijke Duffy for £3m + who wouldnt be good enough for the Premier if we got promoted.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO its very much the right move,to have our 4th choice,come from the under 23s (With Bruno able as well ).I just cannot see how CH would keep a Duffy etc happy,unless he was playing,unless Dunk was going .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't think we're after a CB, I reckon we're banking on Bruno to do a job until Goldy is fit, it's a gamble though

In the short term obviously but Hughton is been very public about looking to bring in both a striker and a centre back virtually every time he is asked in the last month.
That hasn't changed . Goldson started running for the first time only last Thu/Fri. He revealed on his Twitter on Saturday. He's way off being fit to start.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't think we're after a CB, I reckon we're banking on Bruno to do a job until Goldy is fit, it's a gamble though

Do you actually read what Hughton says or just make it up yourself?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here