Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Match Upgrade - Taking the Mick

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Taking the pi$$

Seems to change every season. For the Forest game tomorrow, I've upgraded a senior ticket to an adult, there was a whooping £25 extra to pay.

The breakdown of this,

- £20 Senior Ticket Return (pro-rata on season ticket)
+£1.50 Senior Ticket Return Booking Fee
+£42 Adult Ticket
+£1.50 Adult Ticket Booking Fee

Why the 2 booking fees?

And I get to print at home.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Did you do it online ? If so, how ? I need to upgrade an under 21 to adult

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If they're charging the full price for the upgrade, rather than the pro-rata rate they did last season, does this mean the limit of 6 upgrades no longer applies?

The club don't help themselves by changing the rules without informing people.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Taking the pi$$

Seems to change every season. For the Forest game tomorrow, I've upgraded a senior ticket to an adult, there was a whooping £25 extra to pay.

The breakdown of this,

- £20 Senior Ticket Return (pro-rata on season ticket)
+£1.50 Senior Ticket Return Booking Fee
+£42 Adult Ticket
+£1.50 Adult Ticket Booking Fee

Why the 2 booking fees?

And I get to print at home.

What exactly are you whinging about?

The booking fees or the fact you have to pay the correct price for an adult ticket?

SAC

May 21, 2014

The booking fees or the fact you have to pay the correct price for an adult ticket?

At the very least, the two booking fees are a disgrace if you are printing the ticket yourself.

If the senior ticket is the pro-rata price, why isn't the adult ticket?

I think he's got every right to be miffed.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
At the very least, the two booking fees are a disgrace if you are printing the ticket yourself.

Agreed

If the senior ticket is the pro-rata price, why isn't the adult ticket?

Well the 'refund' is for what he's actually PAID, i.e. 1/23 of his senior ST cost, so clearly that would only ever be such.
He's not buying a 23 match adult ticket, just a one off, so full price seems correct.

I think he's got every right to be miffed.

Only about the booking fees, IMO.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Last season they only charged me the difference between an U10 and adult season ticket seat + £1.50.

If this is a change of policy, it is not good news for a lot of fans with young children who can't come to evening games etc... :nono:

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009

As stated in the OP - why the 2 booking fees?

I've upgraded on / off since the Amex and the rules seem to be different every time, I'm happy enough to pay the match day cost its just that it wasn't the case last season, I remember it was in previous seasons, not sure why the club can't stick to something for more then a season, just comes across as trying to squeeze every penny the can.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Last season they only charged me the difference between an U10 and adult season ticket seat + £1.50.

If this is a change of policy, it is not good news for a lot of fans with young children who can't come to evening games etc... :nono:
Quite. More "penny pinching" as far as I'm concerned.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Surely this is transferring of a season ticket? I was categorically told by Paul Barber that you are not allowed to let anyone else use your season ticket!

Or is it ok if you are having to upgrade and therefor give them money!? :rolleyes::tumble:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This was the email I got in February. Have the rules been changed?

As a supporter holding a concession season ticket (65+, U21, U18 or U10) you are reminded that, if you yourself can't make a match, you can upgrade your ticket so it can be used by an adult.

With a number of evening matches between now and the end of the season we realise that supporters may wish to take the opportunity to upgrade tickets, rather than leave the seat empty. You can upgrade a maximum of six times in a season and upgrading an under-18 ticket to an adult costs as little as £12 in the North Stand.

To upgrade a ticket simply call the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901* and select option 5. The cost of the change will be calculated as the pro-rata cost of the concession ticket to the pro-rata cost of the adult ticket, plus a £1.50 booking fee and rounded up to the nearest £1.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Double booking fee, particularly with print at home, is being unreasonable. I can understand one fee to accommodate the process of upgrading (although it's still taking the piss a bit), but a second one is just utterly unfair.

Do agree with [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] thought that this by not pro-rating the upgrade the fee the club should allow unlimited upgrade, as there's no way to save money now. You've already paid £20 for the senior ticket and then another £22 for the upgrade, so the club aren't losing any money that I can see? I guess someone could still use it to reserve seats for tasty games, but given they wouldn't have paid for the less enticing games the club in fact gain money out of that (unless the season ticket allocation ticket is utterly sold out, in which case they are losing I suppose).

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I just upgraded :

Customer Event Date/Time Price (fee)

Albion v Nottingham Forest 19:45 Adult £42.00 (£1.50)

RETURNED:
Albion v Nottingham Forest 19:45 Under 21 £20.00 (£0.50)

Booking Fee: £ 2.00
Total Price: £ 24.00

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It looks like the OP has been overcharged by £1. Contact the ticket office and ask for a refund.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Who on earth is going to pay £42 for match day ticket. Maybe if you are on holiday or visiting relative. However if you are a supporter who cannot afford season ticket or can only go to half the games no way. Appreciate you can buy in corner for less but whats the point if your friends are not there. Why dont they reduce prices to say £32

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here