Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wikipedia says Kieran Dowell signed on loan on July 27th 2016

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Now I know Wikipedia is very unreliable as a source because any man and his dog can edit an article. However while scouring the web for any Albion related transfer news Google threw up a result for Kieran Dowell's wikipedia page which inexplicably says "On 27 July 2016, Dowell joined Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion, on a season long loan."

There is no source listed for this info, and additionally a Google search for 'Kieran Dowell Brighton' doesn't throw up much apart from his appearances against us in youth matches.

Dowell is a highly rated youngster from Everton who is tipped as a star of the future.

Seems like a strange page for someone to edit his Wikipedia page as he's hardly a known entity (I promise it wasn't me, I'm not that sad).

The whole thing seems weird!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Dowell

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting. Would have thought it would have been on the official site.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Apparently it is easy to change Wikipedia, as I just have. Thus undermining the accuracy of the information. Dowell and Towell would make a cracking double act though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7545241 said:
It is very easy, but who on earth would have edited Dowell's page? I doubt many people outside of Evertonians have even heard of him

Well that's the whole of Liverpool then. And then maybe some sad Palace fans maybe? It only takes one saddo as I have proved :)

The signing date is weird too. The club would have announced this if it had already happened. I am struggling to know a reason why they would not have done, unless it is reliant on something else happening?

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Sounds like a farce to me....

Here's the rest of the Wiki Entry

On 27 July 2016, Dowell joined Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion, on a season long loan. Brighton and Hove Albion refused to confirm the transfer until they have sorted out the obvious logistical problem of having a player called Towell as well as Dowell. Shouting across the pitch and hearing the wrong name could severely undermine their Premiership aspirations and remove their Premier League Ready status. Paul Barber, CEO, has requested that Dowell changes his name to Zamora and wears the number 25 shirt.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Apparently it is easy to change Wikipedia, as I just have. Thus undermining the accuracy of the information. Dowell and Towell would make a cracking double act though.

Love your work :laugh:

You'll get an infraction from Wikipedia for that probably.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Well that's the whole of Liverpool then. And then maybe some sad Palace fans maybe? It only takes one saddo as I have proved :)

The signing date is weird too. The club would have announced this if it had already happened. I am struggling to know a reason why they would not have done, unless it is reliant on something else happening?

Well played Sir!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
There's a rather good article in Four Four Two this month interviewing 5 relatively normal (chaps obviously) who also spend hours and hours editing and keeping up to date player entries on Wikipedia and asking them why on earth they do it.

(Probably the same reason sad fools like [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] post endless entries on football forums 10 times a day. )

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The club would have announced this if it had already happened. I am struggling to know a reason why they would not have done, unless it is reliant on something else happening?

Well, Daniel Akindayini signed for (and was registered with) the club on May 14 2015 and the club only announced it on July 2 2015, so stranger things have happened (not that I have any info in this particular instance).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Love your work :laugh:

You'll get an infraction from Wikipedia for that probably.

On no, what form does that take? Is it as severe as an infraction on NSC where a good spanking follows an hour on the naughty step?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, Daniel Akindayini signed for (and was registered with) the club on May 14 2015 and the club only announced it on July 2 2015, so stranger things have happened (not that I have any info in this particular instance).
You do. The fact that he started for Everton U23s yesterday is the clue...............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here