Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anderson Talisca - Wolves

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Anyone who choose Wolves over Liverpool is not interested in playing football. Must be a massive wage offer on top of that as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
12 goals in 52 games in the Portuguese league. They're basically paying £21.5m for a brazilian Sam Baldock.

Wow.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's something odd about this transfer. He'll be gone in January.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It is so Mendes can move him on at the end of the season.

Wolves are being used as a club to move Mendes's players around... It will end in tears!

The difference in wages will also cause disharmony in the squad.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone who choose Wolves over Liverpool is not interested in playing football. Must be a massive wage offer on top of that as well.

Surely in this case the exact opposite is true. More likely to play first team football at Wolves than he is Liverpool?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Insane. Good player in Portugese top flight. No idea where this fits in to FFP. Don't think much of the Wolves squad currently. Manager with no English experience, and a chairman throwing money about. Can see it ending in disaster currently. Weather this guy can do it having lumps kicked out of him on a freezing night in Rotherham is another matter.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Surely in this case the exact opposite is true. More likely to play first team football at Wolves than he is Liverpool?

I agree with that but he is a player Liverpool, Chelsea, arsenal and a number of other European clubs have watched for a while. Although it appears only Wolves are prepared to meet the 21.5 million wanted, which says something. Madness if true. Seems all Wolves signings are through some agent whose clearly making a fortune out these deals

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think the fee suggests otherwise. A smaller fee then I agree but I don't think Liverpool pay £20m+ for a reserve player.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I agree with that but he is a player Liverpool, Chelsea, arsenal and a number of other European clubs have watched for a while. Although it appears only Wolves are prepared to meet the 21.5 million wanted, which says something. Madness if true. Seems all Wolves signings are through some agent whose clearly making a fortune out these deals

I think the fee suggests otherwise. A smaller fee then I agree but I don't think Liverpool pay £20m+ for a reserve player.

Fair enough. I based my comment on the "I've never heard of him so he can't be that good" principle :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would be HORRIFIED to see us blowing this kind of cash on an unproven kid from Portugal.

HORRIFIED.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Have Liverpool offered over £20m?
I suppose Wolves could have gone down the Norwich "double an existing bid" route. But a player leaving Benfica to go to a lower level championship club when there is interest from much bigger clubs leads me to think that the player and agent want a payday. Choosing Southampton/Stoke/Swansea over Liverpool, I could buy.But Wolves? They are a poor Championship club based on previous seasons who are trying to throw money at players. Not sure this would attract anyone looking to further their career. Would he still go to Wolves for £5k a week because he believes in the club's vision?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here