Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex highlights

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I've narrowed it down to 3

Who out of Buckley,Vicente or Ulloa has

(A) given you the most joy

(B) would you most to see play again (if form when at Albion was guaranteed)

(C) gave most value for money

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
In terms of individual moments, Lopez's free kick against Palace has got to be up there. Also, an honourable mention to Knockaert. In his short time here, he's had that Vicente-like ability to get you up out of your seat.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Buckley's winner against Doncaster for me. Nothing at the Amex will ever top that feeling of elation when he scored the winning goal.

The last time at a football match when I was as happy as that was when we won at Highbury to get to the FA Cup final. :)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Playing Doncaster last game at the Goldstone such a sad day and then playing them again first league game at the Amex, the whole day from the weather, the wounderful new stadium, the brass band belting out GOSBTS, smiling faces all the pain of the previous years just melted away as the pass from Noone with the outside of the boot for Buckley to run onto and score the winner was the perfect start to a perfect day.

Vincente looking up to see the sub warming up knows he is coming off collects the ball in his own half and sets off on a mazey run past what appeared to be every player on the pitch to then thunder a shot against the bar which was still shuddering as Vincente left the field the crowd had witnessed a far to brief glimse of one of europes finest footballers playing for the Albion.

Zamora clearing his own lines against Huddersfield sets off on a lung busting run, Kockhart who was on his debute receives a great pass from Kayal and in turn picks out Zamora who slides in to score, a great team goal and the moment I started to realise Chris Houghton and Tony Bloom were really building a team that was to have a real shot at promotion.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There have been some fantastic days and moments at the Amex over the last 5 years, but it will take something phenomenally special to top Buckley vs. Donny for me.

I remember reading someone saying that the celebrations for that goal were a final release of 14 years of waiting, fighting and frustration - sums it up rather well I think.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As the seconds ticked down, deep deep into stoppage time, in the Donny game, I just felt a sense of relief that we hadn't lost our opening game at the Amex. It had been a scrappy and nervous performance but Buckley, coming on as sub had rescued a point with that late volley. Nooney then got the ball and the crowd suddenly buzzed, knowing it was the last chance. I was right behind him when he played that pass and about a second/second and a half later, I realised that Buckley was clean through. I didn't need to mentally adjust and worry about what he was going to do, his body language was so clear and confident. You just knew he was going to score. He opened up his body and just slid it calmly into the bottom corner. As the late, great John Arlott once said...." No trouble at all...... like a man knocking a thistle-top off with a walking stick "
Although the crowd was only 22,000 ish that day, the noise when that goal went in was staggering. It literally lifted the roof. People were screaming and crying in equal measure. It felt like I left the ground on a cushion of air. I couldn't put it into words. Myself and friends were just grinning at each other like Cheshire cats. We all suddenly realised that it was meant to happen. All the struggles, all the pain. Gillingham, getting soaking wet ( regularly ) at Withdean, porta-cabins and scaffolding. Derided by other fans. Keep the faith. Siege mentality, patiently waiting
for the day.
Nothing will ever beat that moment for me. I will drool about Vicente and nearly the greatest Albion goal ever scored and his sheer class and charisma but Buckley's goal signalled a new dawn and we haven't looked back since.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As the seconds ticked down, deep deep into stoppage time, in the Donny game, I just felt a sense of relief that we hadn't lost our opening game at the Amex. It had been a scrappy and nervous performance but Buckley, coming on as sub had rescued a point with that late volley. Nooney then got the ball and the crowd suddenly buzzed, knowing it was the last chance. I was right behind him when he played that pass and about a second/second and a half later, I realised that Buckley was clean through. I didn't need to mentally adjust and worry about what he was going to do, his body language was so clear and confident. You just knew he was going to score. He opened up his body and just slid it calmly into the bottom corner. As the late, great John Arlott once said...." No trouble at all...... like a man knocking a thistle-top off with a walking stick "
Although the crowd was only 22,000 ish that day, the noise when that goal went in was staggering. It literally lifted the roof. People were screaming and crying in equal measure. It felt like I left the ground on a cushion of air. I couldn't put it into words. Myself and friends were just grinning at each other like Cheshire cats. We all suddenly realised that it was meant to happen. All the struggles, all the pain. Gillingham, getting soaking wet ( regularly ) at Withdean, porta-cabins and scaffolding. Derided by other fans. Keep the faith. Siege mentality, patiently waiting
for the day.
Nothing will ever beat that moment for me. I will drool about Vicente and nearly the greatest Albion goal ever scored and his sheer class and charisma but Buckley's goal signalled a new dawn and we haven't looked back since.

Argh that gets my goat.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
for the day.

I just had to dig this out from You Tube after reading your post.. what a day!!!!

tears of joy.. :cry: :cry:

[yt]o3G-v2HiAb4[/yt]

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Leo's penalty and Obikas's overhead. The bloke at the first palace home game running around the banked (devoid of seats) SW corner trying to keep his footing before having a rush at the Nigels.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Probably Buckley's winner against Donny Rovers, although Dunk's goal against Wednesday in the 2nd leg was a moment of utter euphoria and pandemonium in the North Stand after the twenty minute siege we battered Sheffield with.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Things I will never forget:

Most remembered
The 10 man offside in the final minute of injury time v Derby
Two moments of pure pleasure either side of half time on that Sunday - The Spanish Dave free kick and fabulous team goal for Ulloa to score.
The magical cross by Barnes for Ulloa to score v Arsenal
Vicente run and strike
Buckley's winner v Donny

Wish I could forget
Sheff Weds cheating fluky equaliser
Zaha's pair
FFS Murray goal
The whole pre Christmas Millwall game

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Shoreham Airshow disaster commemorations deserve a mention as well.
#together

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here