Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just wondered as I have just read/listened to his second amendment jibe at Clinton. I don't personally believe this bloke is mentally stable. But I was interested to see if anyone backs him?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, he's a highly dangerous bet.

But we don't get a vote, so I try not to think about it and trust to fate that it'll all be ok.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
"Where are the nukes? We have nukes, right? Why haven't we used the nukes yet? How quickly can I use the nukes?"

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Whilst I do not want Trump anywhere near being President, many American people HATE the Clinton's and everything about them. How is it the supposed 'Greatest Nation on Earth' can end up with Hilary and Donald going for Presidency. :nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We voted for brexit so we can't really complain if they vote Trump. People in glass houses and all that!

Fair enough example, except that brexit is hardly likely to stoke global antagonism to an extent where it didn't exist before. (B.Liar's arse-licking to GWB over the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq in 2003 would be an example nearer the mark). Trump is WAY more dangerous than GWB IMHO.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
It might still happen, but it's looking like the wheels have started to come off. It will be interesting to see how many of his supporters recede in to the woodwork now the traction isn't there. Either way it's quite embarrassing for the US that someone so mentally unhinged and erratic can reach the near world summit while revealing so many other people who are similarly narcissistic sociopaths.

I don't think the very basics of what he was trying to do were that bad (essentially based on national pride and "making 'Merica great again" unless I'm wrong, which is harmless as a manifesto) but it very quickly went down a dark, dark path and has become quite scary.

In regards to comparing it to Brexit, the only similarity is that a few people mistook the vote of a political movement to being one of redefining if it's okay to be racist.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When Clint Eastwood is hedging towards Trump you really do know that the US of A is a little bit f***ed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I just wondered as I have just read/listened to his second amendment jibe at Clinton. I don't personally believe this bloke is mentally stable. But I was interested to see if anyone backs him?

I hope Trump does not get in.
He comes across as an egotistical maniac, hell bent on creating divisions in the, already confused USA.
Why these people do that nodding dog thing, hanging onto his every word, even though they have no clue to what he is saying, makes me laugh.
The Americans ( not all of them), for all their power and ideaology, to me still have a lot to learn about the world.

Just imagine if Oliver Hardy became the POTUS and had Stan Laurel as his deputy, now that'll be special :whistle:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Will destabilise the world beyond our worst imaginings. Not that that'll stop Amerikan Idiots voting him in.

can't agree more
if he gets in the world is f@cked

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Although he is plugging into the same feelings that drove much of the Brexit vote there are some key differences. One is the higher percentage of the population in the US from ethnic minorities most of which he has actively offended, the other is that he is that the Brexit Leave campaign involved a spread of different characters which allowed them to spray a range of messages to suit different views whilst he only presents one very simplistic message. There is also the role of religion in US politics which he can't really export. I can't see him winning but that could change if there is a major terrorist incident in the US before the election and I have very little faith in my ability to read any political situation correctly these days.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The worlds politics appear to be all over the place so I would not bet against it happening

Agree. If Brexit can happen here, the US could vote Trump. Lets face it they voted the Bush not once but twice, a very insular nation that responds well to simple rhetoric

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I find it quite bizarre that some posters (remainers?) are trying to equate voting for Brexit to voting for Trump. You really do appear to be very emotionally charged and confused.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What's not to like about Trump apart from.....
His politics
His lack of experience in elected office
His hair
His contradictions
His love of guns
His wall building desires

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly I believe millions of Americans will be voting for him and see him as some sort of saviour.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here