Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion wingers urged to turn up the heat [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
/ Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Albion boss Chris Hughton has told his back-up wingers to keep on performing after their starring roles in a League Cup rout.
Jamie Murphy scored twice and Kazenga LuaLua set up two of the goals in last night’s 4-0 win against Colchester United at the Amex.
Anthony Knockaert and Jiri Skalak have started the season as Hughton’s first-choice wide men.
He said of Murphy and LuaLua: “They’ve just got to keep doing what they are doing.
“I’ve also got Solly March who is back in training now so I’ve got really good options in the wide areas. Saturday-Tuesday games gives me good options to change things.
“It ended up being really good 90 minutes workouts for them, going both ways. It wasn’t just the work they did offensively, they both had young full-backs behind them that they were prepared to help. They worked very hard.”
Hughton made 11 changes following Saturday’s Championship opener at Derby County, including debuts for rookie defenders Rob Hunt, Ben White and Sam Adekugbe, along with new signing Oliver Norwood.
Stand-in skipper Sam Baldock opened the floodgates in the 64th minute, Murphy’s double following either side of Elvis Manu’s first goal for the club.
Hughton said: “I really enjoyed it from start to finish.
“We managed the game really well with our ball retention in the first half. The only thing we didn’t have was that final ball.
“We just needed to be a little bit better in that final third. It needed a goal and as soon as the first one went in I was confident.”

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here