Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US visa needed in a hurry. What's the quickest turn around.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Just found out my daughter needs a visa for the US as soon as possible. What's the quickest way of getting one and how long does it take? I've looked at US embassy website and it mentions 60 days which sounds a bit excessive.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got mine within a week - I think it is possible to get one in a couple of days but not sure how - it's certainly nowhere near 60 though

EDIT: There are different types of visas so not sure of the timescales for all. Mine is an I visa but others will be different

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
An esta is pretty much instant

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Sure its not an esta she needs

It's just a two week holiday visa. Last minute invite. Will look into the esta thing. Havent heard of it before. Found out after embassy closed so in limbo until tomorrow.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's just a two week holiday visa. Last minute invite. Will look into the esta thing. Havent heard of it before. Found out after embassy closed so in limbo until tomorrow.

Esta will be all she needs. Can be done online and comes through in hours (assuming she isn't a terrorist or a criminal).

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
All she will need for a holiday is an ESTA.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Just Google esta and you can do it now it pretty easy, you can pay online as well. Just make sure you are on the proper site as there are non official ones I think which cost more.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Eats you have to do 48 hours before - that's it. Lasts one year, can stay for 90 days.

Do it online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Esta will be all she needs. Can be done online and comes through in hours (assuming she isn't a terrorist or a criminal).

Correct, although as I found out they give you grief and treat you like a war criminal if you land in Canada and drive across the border... Three hours to sort out at border control....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I applied for an ESTA a couple of weeks ago. Once I'd filled in the payment details it took about 30 seconds for me to be approved. :thumbsup:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Echo the others as a UK citizen all you need is the ESTA do it online and get it approved in minutes (can be a couple of hours) do not use any other site than the US government as they charge a "service charge" which is not necessary, they were valid for 2 years.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Correct, although as I found out they give you grief and treat you like a war criminal if you land in Canada and drive across the border... Three hours to sort out at border control....

Think you were unlucky then. Four of us drove from Montreal into Vermont. We passed through Canada border control and onto US. We were told we needed visas to be paid in US Dollars.
We never had any as we were going to change currency in US. Me and my brother walked back through no-mans land to Canadian crossing to change money. We had no passports with us as our wives stayed at US control to fill in all the paper work. Took about half hour in total to complete and we had plenty of laughs with the US border guards.

On our return at midnight the borders were unmanned and we drove straight back into Canada. We sent the visa green leaving card back to US Embassy in London on our return home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here