Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby in for Forestieri

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Mel Morris obviously still has a fair few ££ to spend.

"Derby County have launched an ambitious bid to land one of the Championship's star strikers, the Derby Telegraph understands.

Rams manager Nigel Pearson said after Saturday's goalless draw against Brighton that the club had offers in for players and one of the bids is for Sheffield Wednesday's Fernando Forestieri."

Not sure they are gonna be successful but blimey, its going to be tough this year...
Hope CH, TB, PB have lined up some equally audacious targets in the next 22 days..

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/der...o-forestieri/story-29601253-detail/story.html

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Mel Morris obviously still has a fair few ££ to spend.

"Derby County have launched an ambitious bid to land one of the Championship's star strikers, the Derby Telegraph understands.

Rams manager Nigel Pearson said after Saturday's goalless draw against Brighton that the club had offers in for players and one of the bids is for Sheffield Wednesday's Fernando Forestieri."

Not sure they are gonna be successful but blimey, its going to be tough this year...
Hope CH, TB, PB have lined up some equally audacious targets in the next 22 days..

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/der...o-forestieri/story-29601253-detail/story.html

Audacious is one word but mad is another- SWFC would ring them dry. 12m+.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
One of the finest players in the league. Shef Wed would be mad to let him go to a rival. Can't see anything doing in this one.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We should have got him last summer. 3 million quid. what a signing that was by Wednesday. Will be extremely surprised if Wednesday sell him to one of their Championship rivals.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If we could get Forestieri, I honestly couldn't see us not getting promoted.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He's the best flair player in the league, and that includes our very own AK.

Massive wouldn't be much without him, and Derby would quickly move to automatic favourites. Probably worth the money if they have it.

Assuming they also keep Hughes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Assuming they also keep Hughes.

According to the Derby fans on their forum, Pearson doesn't rate Hughes as he thinks he's too lazy,. If that's true, I wonder how much game time he's going to get.

I'd have him in a heartbeat - class player

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
According to the Derby fans on their forum, Pearson doesn't rate Hughes as he thinks he's too lazy,. If that's true, I wonder how much game time he's going to get.

I'd have him in a heartbeat - class player

Lazy? He won them back possession on Saturday about 5 times in as many minutes by putting comitted challenges in.

He's class but PL bound surely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lazy? He won them back possession on Saturday about 5 times in as many minutes by putting comitted challenges in.

He's class but PL bound surely.

Almost turned the game for them. He also put in the cross that gave them the opener in that heartbreak game at the Amex last season. It was a very classy bit of skill. Pearson is a complete chump if he doesn't rate Hughes. I was bloody delighted not to see him for 70 odd minutes on Saturday

Back on thread, there is absolutely no way that Weds will sell Forestieri to Derby and they know it. Stupid bid if true, just to placate the natives.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Good call, as the player has most times scored against us, so it'll be great if was for us.

Would be amazed if he left Wednesday.
Seems Pearson doesn`t like Chris Martin, I`d have him at the Albion.

Martin looked awful on Saturday. Wouldn't want him near our team.
Came on as a substitute to great applause from the Derby fans. Within 10 seconds he received the ball on the left wing and with his first touch knocked it out for a Brighton throw. Most amusing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We should make an offer to bid Derby 'up' anyway even if we don't want the fella (and by God we should).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here