Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wow just wow

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well they had Zaha, Bolasie and Puncheon £35k per week ,moaning about their pay differentials, between them and Townsend £70k and Cabaye £100k per week. I can see the disgruntled players growing with this latest deal, they are trying for the £30 million signing of Benteke and they are prepared to pay him £120k per week.

"Palace are now growing increasingly hopeful they can reach an agreement over Benteke this week and the Belgium international is preparing himself for a move to Selhurst Park.

It is believed Palace are willing to match Benteke’s £120,000-a-week Liverpool wages with personal terms not thought to be an issue in any deal."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...to-agree-christian-benteke-deal-after-reopen/

Will their stadium ever get built any time soon or will admin 3 hit first?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I am staggered at the amount of money these people get paid. It is insane, utterly insane. He gets 2.5x my yearly salary in a week and hasn't done anything of note (apart from diving against the scum) for a year or so

Interestingly though - will the fans that started the petition for him to not be allowed to play because of diving now be cheering him on from under their black hoodies?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am staggered at the amount of money these people get paid. It is insane, utterly insane. He gets 2.5x my yearly salary in a week and hasn't done anything of note (apart from diving against the scum) for a year or so

Interestingly though - will the fans that started the petition for him to not be allowed to play because of diving now be cheering him on from under their black hoodies?

Only if their Giros come

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Not so sure about that 2014-15 34 games 15 goals in 34 games for a struggling Aston villa and 2015-16 ,10 goals in 42 games (9 from the bench) for Liverpool. But other than that yes the money is obscene.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well they had Zaha, Bolasie and Puncheon £35k per week ,moaning about their pay differentials, between them and Townsend £70k and Cabaye £100k per week. I can see the disgruntled players growing with this latest deal, they are trying for the £30 million signing of Benteke and they are prepared to pay him £120k per week.

"Palace are now growing increasingly hopeful they can reach an agreement over Benteke this week and the Belgium international is preparing himself for a move to Selhurst Park.

It is believed Palace are willing to match Benteke’s £120,000-a-week Liverpool wages with personal terms not thought to be an issue in any deal."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...to-agree-christian-benteke-deal-after-reopen/

Palarse competing with the big boys, makes you laugh.
Agree the wages are ridiculous and hopefully will instill chaos in their ranks.
On a lighter side, I had to chuckle when any player has to prepare themselves to play for Palarse :lol:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Not so sure about that 2014-15 34 games 15 goals in 34 games for a struggling Aston villa and 2015-16 ,10 goals in 42 games (9 from the bench) for Liverpool. But other than that yes the money is obscene.

Come on, lets not let facts ruin my petulant jealous outburst

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
On a lighter side, I had to chuckle when any player has to prepare themselves to play for Palarse :lol:

Well he has also been brought in to improve the diving tactics of players like Zaha, Bolasie. Now Palace fans know diving cheats when they see one so they have gone out to buy him.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/07/angry...-to-ban-christian-benteke-after-dive-5739012/

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Taken to living in a Pig Sty then? :)

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016

Palace players have a point as if I was a bricklayer earning £140 a day and another brikkie turned up earning £500 a day and doing the same job and I had to supply him with pug as well I'd say **** that.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
£120k a week is their home gate income - how the goddamn **** are they supposed to pay one else?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Palace players have a point as if I was a bricklayer earning £140 a day and another brikkie turned up earning £500 a day and doing the same job and I had to supply him with pug as well I'd say **** that.

Absolutely. But it appears worse than that, Zaha is saying he was promised new contract talks in the summer and he says the club failed to live up to this promise.
Why is it everywhere Pardew goes, everything starts well then disharmony always appears to raise it's head. Does he just give players bullshit answers that keeps them happy for a while?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It seems to me they're taking their first steps towards admin number 3. They feel comfortable as a premier league club now, imagine themselves to be a big club, attractive to players and will start shelling out more and more on transfer fees and wages. Like every small to middling club however they'll end up relegated with a squad of over priced mercenaries on hugely inflated wages. A few years later they'll be ****ing over there creditors as they wipe the slate clean with admin 3 and look to repeat the process with CPFC 2022. And they'll still be a bunch of smug, arrogant, ****witted dickheads.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Absolutely. But it appears worse than that, Zaha is saying he was promised new contract talks in the summer and he says the club failed to live up to this promise.

This has been rubbished already by Keith Millen.

On another note, Benteke is currently having a medical after we agreed a fee with Liverpool. Everton have just bid £25m for Bolasie so it might be a 2-in-1-out sort of thing.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Every time you get the chance to play with the big boys you bottle it and run home to mummy .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here