Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charlton need your help...again

BDL

Aug 8, 2016
I'm asking for a return of a favour, let me introduce myself, I'm Dave Lockwood and I was the PA announcer at the Valley until recently. I had been in the job for the past 24 seasons but couldn't carry on working as a mouthpiece for a regime that simply has no credibility with fans or any empathy towards them.

The favour I'm asking is that as you as possible sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/david-gill-remove-charlton-athletic-ceo-katrien-meire-from-the-fa-council

Our Chief Executive has found her way on to the board of the FA as a representative of the 'EFL'. Given that our trust have submitted a formal complaint to the FA about her bringing the game into disrepute it was a real smack in the face for us to see this when it came out on Sunday.

You were brilliant last season, supporting us, the bond between our two clubs goes way back to Fans United and I would like to think it will always be there, after all we have a mutual dislike of the Croydon lot.

Will this petition work, probably not, but we have to keep on making noise and pointing out the destructive nature of this toxic regime. Being relegated makes our work much harder but we cannot give up.

My personal fear is that the owner is loading the club with debt so that he can justify selling our ground. Sound familiar?

That return of favour, well it was me that played your version of Tom Hark over our tannoy. Something I was more than happy to do.

Thanks for your help.

Dave.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Done - good luck with the war and this battle.

I really dislike the woman and the smug looks I have seen when your protests have been ongoing.

I was in the directors Box (not a euphemism) for the game against us when the protests against her and attempted storm of the box happened. I have massive respect for your fans and they way they conducted themselves, taking the time to apologise to others int he box that the anger wasn't directed at was a class act.

Amusingly my 6 year old couldn't stop laughing at them as they were 'missing the football'

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Signed. She should be nowhere near football administration - incredible really

Was happy to be part of the protest day. Good luck and hope you get the club back in safe hands soon.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
That is staggering - and says more about the ineptitude of the FA than even the lady herself. "If you do a really really terrible job and have no connection to the fans, we'll appoint you to the FA Council". Comfortably crap decision making. Mind you Barber's on the FA Council now too ? Mr No tickets and no tea.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Beggars belief really. Do the FA live with their heads in the sand? Do they enjoy antagonising fans?

Signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here