Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racists

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Authorities from the coasts of Tuscany to Sardinia are cracking down on holidaymakers who seek to reserve prime beach territory by leaving their towels out overnight by fining them €200 (£170)."

"In another case, a British coach driver was arrested – but not ultimately charged – after he burned towels that were holding spots for German visitors."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-fine-tourists-for-saving-a-spot-on-the-beach

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
These people should be fined and/or imprisoned for going on holiday in the first place. The country needs everybody working every waking hour, not lounging unproductively on beaches and around swimming pools. This sort of slovenly behaviour was the reason that fascism gained popularity in the 30's, why the Russians revolted and why millions have died needlessly around the world in the struggle to keep the motor-vehicle at bay.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A hotel I stayed at in Tunisia had pool attendants that threw peoples towels in the water if they tried to reserve a lounger and then bugger off to breakfast. Seemed to work quite well.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As annoying as this activity is I think we should all take a moment to reflect and remember securing prime locations/territiory with a towel rather than one of these ...

11589013445_fdcefcb0b4_o-1.jpg

.... shows just how far the Germans have come. :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe I'm missing something... 'Racists'?

(humour bypass)

Come on, this is aimed at one nation and one nation only. The thinnest of thinly veiled racism.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's a funny label 'racist'.
I made a comment about how most Aboriginals you see in the cities are either drunk, out of it, or fighting.
I was called a racists for these comments, but I would have said the same if it had been any nationality doing these things.
I just stated a fact.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Many years ago some friends and I had a "full and frank exchange of views" with a couple of fellers who had put their towels out when they got back after a night out. They accused us of coming back later and lobbing their towels in the pool.
They were GERMAN.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"It is not the first time Italian authorities have been forced into action. A few years ago, coastguard officials at a resort in Liguria fined six tourists about €1,000 after they unrolled 10 towels before 6am to reserve spaces on the beach. All of the alleged wrongdoers were over 60."

The youth of today...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's very annoying. Have never hesitated to remove towels on loungers that people have mistakenly thought they could reserve upon returning from a night out and leave unoccupied until 10 am when they come down to nurse their hangovers. Always either Germans or Russians.
Russians just get angry and storm off. The Germans stand arguing for ages trying to defend the defenceless. A very argumentative and arrogant people, the Germans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here