Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swanky Franks, Super Kiosks and 10p more for a pint.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Changes to refreshments for concourse dwellers have been announced.

Price rises attributed to Sodexo having to fork out for increases in the minimum wage.

And what on earth are Swanky Franks' burgers no less ...

Actually prices are flat for most things.

via...
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-sodexo-3233615.aspx

"Brighton & Hove Albion's catering partner Sodexo, in conjunction with the club, has updated prices for the 2016/17 season, and these show minimal increases or price freezes across the food and drinks menus.

Meanwhile, Sodexo have made significant investment in upgrading a number of kiosks across the Amex, to give fans even more choice when it comes to food and drink.

Two additional super kiosks have been added in the East Lower and North concourses, in addition to the one in West Lower. These super kiosks are those which have typically been quieter in terms of footfall, and the aim is to offer more choice, to drive customers to those kiosks, and speed up service across the board.

The super kiosks will offer Yard Bird Chicken Brand, Yuki Yama pan Asian vegetarian brand, alongside other fan classics such as Piglets pie and a new Swanky Frank's burger, which is a new recipe for this season.

The super kiosk in East Lower, located in the family area, will also have a new Gully’s box for our Young Seagulls and junior fans, which includes a piece of fruit.

Additionally, Sodexo has created seven destination kiosks which have replaced those that were either old beer and pie units or those which offered limited items; these are located across the stadium concourses and include two serving curry and Heineken; a chicken and Harvey’s shop; a Piglet's guest and Heineken bar; two sweets, treats and coffee shops and a wood-fire pizza offering.

Head of catering Tony Crosbie commented, "We have made some significant upgrades across the Amex to give fans more choice, and to try and alleviate queuing times at the really busy, peak periods. The trial super kiosk in West Lower proved a popular addition last season, so we hope the additional ones will prove equally popular in other areas.

"Alongside this, we have also tried to minimise price increases where possible, but rises in food and drink costs, together with increases in staff costs, as we ensure that we meet the requirements of the Government’s National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage for our staff at the Amex, have meant we have had to make some small increases."

All soft drinks, crisps and sweets remain at the same price as last season. There is a 10p (2.24%) increase on burgers and pies; and a 20p (5%) increase on hot dogs. All other hot food remains at the 2015/16 prices, while there is also a 10p (4.8%) increase on hot drinks.

Prices of alcohol, across both the stadium concourses and hospitality lounges, will see a 10p (2.24%) increase on pints of Fosters, Kronenbourg, Guinness, Strongbow, Heineken, Harvey's Best Bitter, and the same uplift on bottles of Bulmers and Heineken. There will be a 20p (4.7%) increase on red and white wine.

Meal deal pricing for the new season will be as follows: £9 for an alcoholic drink, any hot food item and either a chocolate bar or bag of crisps; £10 for any two food items and any two soft drinks; and four pints of any lager, beer or cider for £16.

Sodexo are also introducing an early-bird offer across kiosks with two offers to encourage fans to arrive at the ground within the first 30 minutes of doors opening. With any food item and an alcoholic drink for £8, or any food item and a soft drink for £6. "

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-sodexo-3233615.aspx

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Also can anyone work out whats changing in the WSU ? cos its not clear.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A curry and heineken kiosk !

Book me in.

10p a pint rise hardly the end of the world.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I noticed the different concourse outlet decals at the open training day.

Google has no idea what Yuki Yama and Swanky Frank's are, assuming they're nothing to do with a couple of restaurants that have these names. Maybe they are new in-house Sodexo brands. An Asian veggie option could be good though.

More importantly, very pleased to see written confirmation that Piglet's have been retained.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Where on earth is the 'wood fired pizza offering' please?

It's a pizza cooked in a wood fired oven I'd assume? I'm sure you could get a whole pizza from one of the kiosks that rotated last year, so probably similar to that?

Also can anyone work out whats changing in the WSU ? cos its not clear.

I'm guessing they've changed the "Beer and Pie" kiosk to one of the new "destination" kiosks. I'm guessing the "Piglet's guest and Heineken bar" one, so it can remain the same but with less choice (although perhaps more chance of getting a guest pie).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

JakyBF

Apr 19, 2016
Heathfield
The best deal that stood out for me in that article was the 4 pints of beer for £16

That makes 4 pints of Kronenbourg only £4 each. 40p cheaper than my local! :drink:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Thanks for that. I had a fairly good idea WHAT it was, which is why I was asking WHERE it was to be found.

Sorry, completely misread. This is the same issue [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] has in his second post, they haven't actually listed where stuff is. I guess everyone will have to report back after Friday and we can work it out? It would be nice if the club shared that info, unless it's the rotating stall things they had last year.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The Swanky bit , i presume , will be standard food charged at ridiculous prices giving the illusion the food is better than it actually is until you taste it and then you realize they need not have used the S in Swanky , i have absolutely no idea who Frank is .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wonder if there will be a reduction in the amount of pies pigets are supplying now they have MK and Reading to supply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here