Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Bloom restaurant...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-harry-bloom-lounge-3233357.aspx

An exciting new restaurant will open at the Amex.

Brighton & Hove Albion will open the brand new HB's Restaurant in the 1901 Club - which will be available to members and non-members - from the opening Sky Bet Championship fixture against Nottingham Forest.

The restaurant is named in honour of Harry Bloom, the late grandfather of Albion chairman Tony Bloom - and will be situated in the location of the old 1901 Club Harry Bloom Lounge.

1901 Club members can book a table in the restaurant for any upcoming first-team fixture and take advantage of either formal dining package in the stunning refurbished restaurant, located in the area previously known as the Harry Bloom lounge.

There are also limited spaces available for non-members, who wish to indulge themselves and their guests for a particular match or mark that special occasion in style.

Diners select their choice of starter, main course and dessert from an a la carte menu on the day.

Non-members' prices include West Stand 1901 Club, middle-tier seating, and 1901 Club Platinum Lounge access.

VIP Package

• Reserved table
  • Three-course meal, with tea and coffee
  • Inclusive bar including house wine, beer and soft drinks*
  • Post-match refreshments and snacks
  • Complimentary matchday programme
  • Car parking space (one per four places)
Members price: £85.50 + VAT
Non-members price: £137 +VAT

Formal Package

• Reserved table
  • Three-course meal, with tea and coffee
  • Post-match refreshments and snacks
  • Complimentary matchday programme
  • Car parking space (one per four places)
Members' price: £54.50 + VAT
Non-members' price: £117 +VAT

The restaurant will also be opening for Sunday lunch each week, starting in late September, with prices from £20 per person for two courses.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
That £137 deal looks ok if you completely smash the complimentary bar and manage to offload your season ticket!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
CpVsmUYWEAAPZ0Q.jpg

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Looks like a cafe at one of the newer motorway services if you ignore the view.

That's what I said on the 1901 coffee thread.

They've just put a picture of this 'stylish new restaurant' on their FB feed. If that's stylish then they've clearly got Joseph Fritzl in as an interior designer. Looks more like an airport Costa Coffee...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've lost track of the 1901 setup.

Was this space previously a lounge for certain 1901ers? Have they moved people from there across other existing lounges and now got this as a dining only space?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Additionally, at least we can now see where the tea taken away from the general 1901 population has gone.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It's probably the first piece of interior colouring in the stadium that isn't blue, white or grey.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That's what I said on the 1901 coffee thread.

I don't know how much it's changed from last season, but it needs different tables and chairs for a start. Or even putting down some tablecloths. That seems like it'd be easy to sort without any major changes to the decor. Plus, could they not have just grabbed a bunch of club employees for an hour or two and had them stand in for customers? It looks a bit cold in the picture, but some bodies would probably help it a lot.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think it looks alright as it goes. Better than the lounges.

137 + VAT with inclusive bar is a nice little challenge too.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Based solely on the pictures in this thread it looks like more like a office cafeteria than a restaurant...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think it looks alright as it goes. Better than the lounges.

137 + VAT with inclusive bar is a nice little challenge too.

I have done that package for a one off 1901 trip with suppliers.

All I would say is, do it on a Saturday game, as for a night game the bar closes too early post game to really get stuck into it...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that dining is now open to non 1901 members and being advertised as such probably means a number of non renewals have been earmarked by the club for corporate hospitality on an ad hoc basis. I'd love to know how many 1901 seats are back in the hands of the club as I think they probably made a ricket selling out to punters on the original launch, most of whom had no interest in the dining.

Nice canteen setting for fine dining too, anyone remember Joe Lyons?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The fact that dining is now open to non 1901 members and being advertised as such probably means a number of non renewals have been earmarked by the club for corporate hospitality on an ad hoc basis. I'd love to know how many 1901 seats are back in the hands of the club as I think they probably made a ricket selling out to punters on the original launch, most of whom had no interest in the dining.

Surely it was always possible to buy a dining package as a one off? 1901 member, or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here