Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare Tickets

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hi all

What's the latest on ticket selling? I often have one or two spare tickets for the North Stand (central at the back). They often go to waste. The owners usually ask for £20, but are never pro active in selling them on. I guess it's frown upon by the club but it's a shame to waste them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Officially it's illegal for you to sell them on.

Unofficially, the club turn a blind eye to them being passed on to friends and acquaintances on an ad hoc basis (because, practically, there's nothing they can do about it).

If they get advertised on NSC I get moaned at.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
#theresnotoutsonhere :rave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi all

What's the latest on ticket selling? I often have one or two spare tickets for the North Stand (central at the back). They often go to waste. The owners usually ask for £20, but are never pro active in selling them on. I guess it's frown upon by the club but it's a shame to waste them.

Have always assumed that spare tickets were ALWAYS offered on to fellow Albion-supporting mates at little or no cost :shrug:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As along distance ST holder I often have two spare tickets for games (Forest and Rotherham for starters) and nobody to pass them on to. I used to offer them on here but it became too much hassle and now they remain empty.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I hate seeing tickets go to waste, it’s totally counterproductive. When I upgrade my lads season ticket to an adult ticket because the game is mid-week and way past the wee ones bed time there seems to be no issue. So why, oh why, oh why, if a fan can’t attend the game can't they call the ticket office and for a small admin fee, give them the details of the person that will be using the ticket? Change the details and everyone should be happy.

Would this not satisfy the health and safety argument? I understand and totally agree that the club wants to know exactly who it lets into the ground, where they are sat and rightly so. Each fan sat in each seat should be traceable. Name, Address, Fan and contact number. For example If some in in row z seat 15 lobs a coin at the ref they need to be identified quickly and banned. Fair enough. I have bought two extra tickets for a tenner under the “Mates for a tenner” scheme for the Rotherham game but I didn’t have to give the details of who was going to use them, is that right? Why is it one rule for this promotion and another for the “Passing on of unused tickets”

No one wins if there are empty seats. Can’t the club run a ticket exchange like they did for the Play off semi? Charge a couple of quid admin fee to pay for itself. It makes sense to me, re sell ticket, more fans in ground, more noise, players play better, Brighton win and there is Jam for tea! Happy days.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Club don't want to re-sell tickets, far easier to get a new sale (except when a sell-out) Best just to mention on social media. If it's an actual season ticket then it's not something you can actually pass on (like a paper ticket) because you need to keep a hold of the card.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
I tried to update my fathers season ticket for one match this Fridays game for a full paying adult last year this was £12 for doing this now they want £25 plus a booking fee so in fact would mean my fathers seat is paying twice so with no trains on Friday I said to my mate come round and watch it on sky the club are not clever at times now 2 people not there supporting the side plus what we may have spent on the concourse

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Club don't want to re-sell tickets, far easier to get a new sale (except when a sell-out) Best just to mention on social media. If it's an actual season ticket then it's not something you can actually pass on (like a paper ticket) because you need to keep a hold of the card.

A 'friend' has always got around the ST handing over problem by charging a £25 deposit. It has never failed to be returned!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here