Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray - The fans

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
On Tuesday night he had a good reception when warming up in front of the West Stand.

PS: He said this to Four Four Two this month about the likely reaction.
"Of course you're aware of the [Palace/Brighton] rivalry, but the majority of fans have been positive. It always helps if you start scoring goals, so if i do that then hopefully everyone will be on board. I have always had great respect for the club , you could see that when i didn't celebrate in scoring against Brighton for Palace...

On #FFSMurray
"I think it was pretty funny for both sets of fans. I saw the #FFSMurray hashtag, then it was going on t shirts. and finally someone showed me the video. That's the sort of thing you like to see. "

On delivery
My career has always benn about getting into the box and getting onto the end of crosses with a one touch finish, often with my head. We've got great delivery from wide areas in Knockeart, Jiri Skalak. Solly March will come back stronger from his injury and Kazenga Lua Lua has quality too. I'm really looking forward to a fruitful season."

On promotion
I want to score as many goals as possible. I'm here to help the guys get over that last hurdle. We want automatic promotion. We know it will be tough with the [strong teams coming down]. The mood is really positive and the boys aren't dwelling on last year. I've never played under him before but Hughton is a great manager. I've always had really tough games against his teams"

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
On Tuesday night he had a good reception when warming up in front of the West Stand.

PS: He said this to Four Four Two this month about the likely reaction.
"Of course you're aware of the [Palace/Brighton] rivalry, but the majority of fans have been positive. It always helps if you start scoring goals, so if i do that then hopefully everyone will be on board. I have always had great respect for the club , you could see that when i didn't celebrate in scoring against Brighton for Palace...

On #FFSMurray
"I think it was pretty funny for both sets of fans. I saw the #FFSMurray hashtag, then it was going on t shirts. and finally someone showed me the video. That's the sort of thing you like to see. "

On delivery
My career has always benn about getting into the box and getting onto the end of crosses with a one touch finish, often with my head. We've got great delivery from wide areas in Knockeart, Jiri Skalak. Solly March will come back stronger from his injury and Kazenga Lua Lua has quality too. I'm really looking forward to a fruitful season."

On promotion
I want to score as many goals as possible. I'm here to help the guys get over that last hurdle. We want automatic promotion. We know it will be tough with the [strong teams coming down]. The mood is really positive and the boys aren't dwelling on last year. I've never played under him before but Hughton is a great manager. I've always had really tough games against his teams"

Nothing about WAVING to the fans though

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I am pretty sure he became FFS Murray when he was at Palace but it wasn't imagined up by any of us.

My memory was that on here some one posted a linked to some you tube kid that was commentating on the game Palace were playing, they went to penalties and Glenn missed one and he went 'Oh For **** Sake Murray' which then led to the nickname on here and :ffsparr: ??

FFS Murray was invented by a Brighton fan in the 3-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace in your first season back in the Championship. It was your first league defeat at the Amex, iirc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NOuojD93Wo

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
FFS Murray was invented by a Brighton fan in the 3-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace in your first season back in the Championship. It was your first league defeat at the Amex, iirc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NOuojD93Wo
Well done on being the first of a myriad of palace posters who has correctly identified it as our first league defeat. Without exception your compadres have quoted it as being our first amex defeat.

Just shows how low the collective IQ of palace fans is.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well done on being the first of a myriad of palace posters who has correctly identified it as our first league defeat. Without exception your compadres have quoted it as being our first amex defeat.

Just shows how low the collective IQ of palace fans is.

Yes, we do know you lost in a friendly/ training/ meaningless match prior to THAT game, so somehow it makes our victory less painfull to you.
But we both know the truth don't we ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, we do know you lost in a friendly/ training/ meaningless match prior to THAT game, so somehow it makes our victory less painfull to you.
But we both know the truth don't we ?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! And still you don't get it!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was at Derby, and I thought it was pathetic that people were still having a pop at Glen.

He played a good game, and is going to be fantastic for us this season - he looked twice the player of Hemed.

I thought it was great people walking around with his name on there shirts - but people were still having a moan up - mainly spotty face twats who probably didn't even see Murray at Withdean!

People gave really got to give this whole Murray and Palace rubbish up. In truth I don't give a s**t about Palace - there just another club that offered him what he wanted when we didn't - and then we opted for the useless CMS.

So, for the last time - get off GM back, and grow up! "These fans" will be spunking their pants anyway when he fires us 20 goals....

2 league goals already. The few whingers will soon realise Muzza's class.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
And to think some of you muppets didn't want him...

Glenn is a wonderful player at Championship level. He'll probably never break 30 goals again, but he's still good for 20 if you can supply him even half as well as Yannick and Wilf did.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I am pretty sure he became FFS Murray when he was at Palace but it wasn't imagined up by any of us.

My memory was that on here some one posted a linked to some you tube kid that was commentating on the game Palace were playing, they went to penalties and Glenn missed one and he went 'Oh For **** Sake Murray' which then led to the nickname on here and :ffsparr: ??

Now having seen the above maybe that was Parr and I always imagined it was Glenn?!

I thought it was a video posted by a brighton fan whem murray scored at the amex in 2011 and he said ffs murray. Could be wrong .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Glenn is a wonderful player at Championship level. He'll probably never break 30 goals again, but he's still good for 20 if you can supply him even half as well as Yannick and Wilf did.

I think you're right to believe Glenn will get over 20 goals, but as you say, 30 is probably out of reach. One of the issues we have is that Skalak & Knockaert don't go down in the box. I can't see how we're going to provide Glenn with the 10+ penalties he had with you lot in his 30 goal season although he will get a better service from our aforementioned wingers than he got from Bolasie & Zaha who you are better off comparing with Laugher & Mears.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Great to have Glenn back; he should never have left in my opinion; and he is "home" as far as I am concerned. He was a good servant to the club during his last time with us and proved his worth last night.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And to think some of you muppets didn't want him...

You didn't want him either after his first season.

He's playing with better players now so he might get nearer to 30 than you think...... and as he's not on penalties....... ;-)

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Great to have Glenn back; he should never have left in my opinion; and he is "home" as far as I am concerned. He was a good servant to the club during his last time with us and proved his worth last night.

How was Murray a good servant? He spent the whole time he was with us banging on about being homesick and wanting to go back north, before running down his contract and going on a free, to palace.

He scored goals but he wasn't a good servant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here