Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray - The fans

Irish Gin

Oct 20, 2014
Brighton
I was at Derby, and I thought it was pathetic that people were still having a pop at Glen.

He played a good game, and is going to be fantastic for us this season - he looked twice the player of Hemed.

I thought it was great people walking around with his name on there shirts - but people were still having a moan up - mainly spotty face twats who probably didn't even see Murray at Withdean!

People gave really got to give this whole Murray and Palace rubbish up. In truth I don't give a s**t about Palace - there just another club that offered him what he wanted when we didn't - and then we opted for the useless CMS.

So, for the last time - get off GM back, and grow up! "These fans" will be spunking their pants anyway when he fires us 20 goals....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Probably the same people that can't even do him the decency of spelling his name correctly :thumbsup:

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Glenn was man of the match.

Nearly everything came through him

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was quite interested until you had to mention Withdean, it isn't a badge of honour.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was quite interested until you had to mention Withdean, it isn't a badge of honour.
Well lets face it, it is , a lot of fans ''came back'' or ''found albion'' as soon as there was a decent stadium and money for players on offer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well lets face it, it is , a lot of fans ''came back'' or ''found albion'' as soon as there was a decent stadium and money for players on offer.

Do you blame them? We have a fantastic stadium now. But all this skirt whirling badge of honour sh*t is just that. Move on.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Do you blame them? We have a fantastic stadium now. But all this skirt whirling badge of honour sh*t is just that. Move on.
Dont blame them in the slightest , ive had season tickets for me and the kids for 4 years , but wouldnt dream of it were brighton still playing at withdean, the diehards who went to withdean week in week out can count themselves as true dyed in the wool fans , i and others who didnt bother cant really.

Last edited:

Irish Gin

Oct 20, 2014
Brighton
No it's not, but it makes me laugh that it seems to be the same people who loved BZ when he came back (who never saw him play, and chanted that annoying droaning BZ song, instead of ""Thats Zamora") and hate Murray because he played for Palace - they really don't know what they are talking about.

and thinking about it........yes actually it is a badge of honour - sitting in that dive for 12 years gives me and others more of a given right to lecture......:bowdown:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dont blame them in the slightest , ive had season tickets for me and the kids for 4 years , but wouldnt dream of it were brighton still playing at withdean, the diehards who went to withdean week in week out can count themselves as true died in the wool fans , i and others who didnt bother cant really.

I can't disagree with a word you say, but we have moved on.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I was at Derby, and I thought it was pathetic that people were still having a pop at Glen.

He played a good game, and is going to be fantastic for us this season - he looked twice the player of Hemed.

I thought it was great people walking around with his name on there shirts - but people were still having a moan up - mainly spotty face twats who probably didn't even see Murray at Withdean!

People gave really got to give this whole Murray and Palace rubbish up. In truth I don't give a s**t about Palace - there just another club that offered him what he wanted when we didn't - and then we opted for the useless CMS.

So, for the last time - get off GM back, and grow up! "These fans" will be spunking their pants anyway when he fires us 20 goals....

When was the first time?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If and when Murray scores a few goals the Palace connection will soon be forgotten.

Already forgotten unless people have a hang up. The Crawley friendly, he was the first to come over to us and clap us. He had no choice than to leave Brighton, he wasn't fancied by Poyet. He proved his worth getting Palarse up. He didn't celebrate his goal at the Amex. What isn't to like?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

I thought it was great people walking around with his name on their shirts - but people were still having a moan up - mainly spotty face twats who probably didn't even see Murray at Withdean!

I hope this eloquent and solid post will prompt you to now contribute more often since you joined in Oct '14. I agree, aside from his half chance miss, he did indeed 'play a good game'.

See you at Reading.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Already forgotten unless people have a hang up. The Crawley friendly, he was the first to come over to us and clap us. He had no choice than to leave Brighton, he wasn't fancied by Poyet. He proved his worth getting Palarse up. He didn't celebrate his goal at the Amex. What isn't to like?

Quite clearly according to the OP people still do have a hang up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here