Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car Share / Colchester / Forest and beyond

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Rather tongue in cheek i loosely suggested some sort of car share scheme last week if the strike were to happen and as it is happening how about we try and help out our fellow fans a bit , not going to get everyone sorted but it may help out some people that would simply not be able to attend because of the train strike , some knight in shining armor saw the post last week and has offered myself and a pal a lift down from Essex on friday so it does work , so if you have a space or two in your motor and live nearby a poster that needs a lift send him/her a PM and should be easy enough to sort out , if your driving to the stadium/park and ride i'm sure those you offer a lift to will be more than happy to chip in for fuel / parking charges as i will be doing , whats the best way ? the posters that need a lift to say so on this thread and the general area where from and those with the space in their car to PM them ? if there's a simpler way feel free to suggest .

Every little helps :wink:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sounds a good idea.

Working in Goring until 5:45, cutting it fine but if anyone from that area has a spare space I'm happy to throw them a few quid (Not going to Colchester, but Forest/Rotherham would be ideal)

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I did put it on the rail strike thread so might get lost but I have Uni parking for Forest game and have space for 2 from Seaford or Newhaven. Leaving Seaford about 6.00.

PM if you could use a lift

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just posted my offer on the Rotherham rail thread :moo:

That's the spirit

If anyone needs a lift back to Shoreham because of rail issues on either this Friday or next Tuesday I have space for one (free obviously)
Just pm
Be warned though I will be parked in the Bridge car park

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be grand if NSC could have an official Car Share sub-forum, even if only while this SASTA BS continues, in the same way as there used to be an official Ticket buying and selling and no touting sub-forum when tickets were hard to come by.

Would also be grand if B&H six and eight seater taxis were allowed to officially operate at the stadium at a designated rank, working a pre-defined route with limited stops, on condition that they had to be filled with punters before they could leave.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I did put it on the rail strike thread so might get lost but I have Uni parking for Forest game and have space for 2 from Seaford or Newhaven. Leaving Seaford about 6.00.

PM if you could use a lift

Room for 1 now (or 1 and a little 'un)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here