Perry's Plea / No Trains for Rotherham?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
SASTA not fit for purpose. Need to be booted off their franchise.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good lad, sadly one voice won't bring it about. The RMT and Govia are like two kids in high seats throwing porridge at each other. They couldn't give two f**ks about their 'customers' or local business.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Rotherham bit:

"However, we have now also been informed that with the temporary timetable being offered by Southern Trains means that Falmer Station will be closed after 5pm, and there will be no trains for our EFL Championship match against Rotherham on Tuesday 16th August."

Does this mean that Falmer has been closing, and will continue to close, at 5pm each day under the temporary timetable?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But don't we pay SASTA a yearly fee for allowing our tickets to be used for travel? Couldn't we just deduct £300k from that? I'd like to see SASTA pursue that in court

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/martin-perry-brighton-hove-albion-3232576.aspx

Suggests Falmer will be closed for Rotherham game and Southern / RMT costing us hundreds of thousands of pounds. Disgraceful.

The revised timetable shows trains as follows for Tuesday 16 (some examples below) - I guess he means 'effectively closed' - and presumably this is the case until a 'normal' timetable is re-established. Will cost the club (Tony) millions this season and God knows what it will do to long term support. The club/us have already paid for the service too through the levy.

Brighton to Falmer - 3 trains between 6 & 7
Lewes to Falmer - 3 trains between 6 & 7

Falmer to Brighton - 22.20, 22.49, 23.15
Falmer to Lewes - 23.15 (so forget it)

Utter shambles

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is beyond a disgrace now.

What on earth can be done to hit them where it hurts, like they're doing to everybody else?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think the club need to question all fans who have purchased tickets for home games who had to find alternative transport then total it up and deduct it from SASTA

Difficult when you've already paid them, one assumes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd say there needs to be some sort of protest at the games (especially the one on TV next Friday), but I'm not sure enough people will get there to make it worthwhile :(

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Maybe the club should invest in some rolling stock and run its own service from Seaford to Brighton.

Even with no experience amongst current staff, they could run a more effective service than SATSA?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But don't we pay SASTA a yearly fee for allowing our tickets to be used for travel? Couldn't we just deduct £300k from that? I'd like to see SASTA pursue that in court

One would imagine a cookie as smart as Paul Barber will ensure the Albion will get the best they can out of the situation, but by all means email him with that suggestion just in case...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Due to the transport levy, the club presumably has a contract with Southern which details service levels etc... Hopefully it includes hefty financial penalties if Southern don't hold up their end.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One thing that the council could do while this is going on is relaxing the restrictions on parking in Coldean and Moulsecoomb, that would certainly provide temporary relief

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The revised timetable shows trains as follows for Tuesday 16 (some examples below) - I guess he means 'effectively closed' - and presumably this is the case until a 'normal' timetable is re-established. Will cost the club (Tony) millions this season and God knows what it will do to long term support. The club/us have already paid for the service too through the levy.

Brighton to Falmer - 3 trains between 6 & 7
Lewes to Falmer - 3 trains between 6 & 7

Falmer to Brighton - 22.20, 22.49, 23.15
Falmer to Lewes - 23.15 (so forget it)

Utter shambles

As someone who's travelling plans generally involve ducking out of The Cyclist when the queue starts to lengthen and then grabbing a train back after a post-match beer, I have no idea how many trains the regular timetable provided. Do you know how many more it was?

Maybe they will close it, literally, on safety grounds if capacity is so low relative to usual demand as is done for Preston Park during Pride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here