Well written
Decent acting
Great Soundtrack
Winona Ryder

Near perfect for me

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Watched it the other week. Now you all are raving about the soundtrack I wish I had paid more attention to the music. Unfortunately I watched it mostly with low sound.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I watched the first episode last night and was thoroughly underwhelmed. The kids were good little actors, but that's about it.

Please tell me it gets better?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This is one of my guilty pleasures encouraged by my daughter. Has anyone else stuck with it?

I noticed a set of linking coincidences and wondered if they were mere coincidence or were one of the Duffers brothers' obscure joke references that theyre fond of inserting into the series.

These are the connecting links:

1. In 1980 Bowie released his album "Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps). - The 80s based series heavily features a number of scary monsters (and super creeps).

2. One of the singles taken off that album was "Ashes to Ashes", the video for which features Steve Strange (who became the singer of Visage) - Steve Strange / Stranger Things.

3. Steve Strange's real name was Stephen Harrington - Steve Harrington is one of the main characters in Stranger Things.

Dec 29, 2011
This is one of my guilty pleasures encouraged by my daughter. Has anyone else stuck with it?

I noticed a set of linking coincidences and wondered if they were mere coincidence or were one of the Duffers brothers' obscure joke references that theyre fond of inserting into the series.

These are the connecting links:

1. In 1980 Bowie released his album "Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps). - The 80s based series heavily features a number of scary monsters (and super creeps).

2. One of the singles taken off that album was "Ashes to Ashes", the video for which features Steve Strange (who became the singer of Visage) - Steve Strange / Stranger Things.

3. Steve Strange's real name was Stephen Harrington - Steve Harrington is one of the main characters in Stranger Things.

If you worked all that out yourself you're a genius.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It's also made a whole new generation of people aware of Kate Bush

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've discovered another set of coincidences, although admittedly these are a bit more tenuous than my previous ones.

1. Kate Bush's song "Running up that Hill" is featured in series 4.

2. Peter Gabriel's cover of Bowie's "Heroes" is featured in series 1 and 3

3. Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush recorded "Don't Give Up" together.

4. One of the lines in that song is, "It is so STRANGE the way THINGS turn".

https://youtu.be/oSuQdqHSzb4

20220701_150409.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here