Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV Series - Stranger Things

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone else a big fan of this? I found it compulsive viewing - by far my favourite TV series since series 3 and 4 of Breaking Bad. It pays homage to a few 80s films - there's influences from Stand By Me, E.T., Goonies together with plenty of 90s X Files... the cast is excellent, the script is very tight coming in at 8 episodes whereas a lot of US programmes seem to be padded out to 12 or 14 and not a hint of spoon-feeding the plot either.

I notice as well that the soundtrack is picking up a lot of interest and rightly so. There's an NSC favourite Timber Timbre in there.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone else a big fan of this? I found it compulsive viewing - by far my favourite TV series since series 3 and 4 of Breaking Bad. It pays homage to a few 80s films - there's influences from Stand By Me, E.T., Goonies together with plenty of 90s X Files... the cast is excellent, the script is very tight coming in at 8 episodes whereas a lot of US programmes seem to be padded out to 12 or 14 and not a hint of spoon-feeding the plot either.

I notice as well that the soundtrack is picking up a lot of interest and rightly so. There's an NSC favourite Timber Timbre in there.

Where can you view this Sky, Netflix or other.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Yes liked it a lot. Second series likely apparently.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yep i thought it was excellent, Great balance of suspense kept me interested without hanging on.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Have just started this. Three episodes in and I am enjoying it. It's reasonably creepy, great soundtrack and has a nice classic Stephen King-esque feel to it.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Great series, 8 episodes is a good amount and some very decent acting from the child actors.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Aye it were alright. I got through it whilst off with the flu last week. Enjoyable and some good moments and some nice synthesizering in a John Carpenter style. Am a bit 80sed out though at present. Still, the second season i'll be watching.

The Night Of, which I still need to watch episode 4 of, is a gripper at the minute.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I watched it last week. Thought it was excellent.
A different genre but also available on Netflix is an Anglo/French series called Spotless.
Thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have just started this. Three episodes in and I am enjoying it. It's reasonably creepy, great soundtrack and has a nice classic Stephen King-esque feel to it.

Yes the sound track is excellent

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Excellent series

Decent score (band called S U R V I V E) and soundtrack
Decent child actors (such a rarity)
No stupid Lost-style plot holes or loose ends that go nowhere
Decent pacing
Great overall feel

2nd series has been confirmed. Looking forward to it but hope they don't rush it to meet demand, this show has become very popular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here