Jul 5, 2003
I knew.
Don't care though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They beat Palace.

With a goal from an ex Albion player.

Sorry, any excuse to bring this up :albion2:

Who could forget the embarrassment that is Pardew, 'dancing' because Palace scored a goal? Then lost the game a few minutes later.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I believe it was on BT Sport (I looked it up because my Twitter feed was full of drivel about the Community Shield), hence nobody watched it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Back in the day, when the FA Cup final at 3:00pm on a Saturday at Wembley marked the end of the old season, the Charity Shield at Wembley was the harbinger of the new season.

That was before football was invented in the 1990s, and the leagues became oh SOOOoooo important that the second division had to start a week before the first division, with fixtures spread over three days, and irrelevances like the Charity Shield and the Cup Final have to be shoe-horned in when anyone can e arsed to play them. Geez, don't you realise that if they hadn't invented football in the 1990s we'd all be pathetically interested in the Charity Shield? Thank Gawd for Sky, Murdoch, FA greed and progress!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A thought struck me, that as Brighton looked after Jessie Lingard so well, that if Man Utd wanted to send another youngster on loan, besides Wilson, then which Championship team would be in the driving seat?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This match is a joke, the FA need to scrap it. Possibly the most irrelevant match in the calendar.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here