Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Households could get fracking payments under government plans

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally the government work out how to get unpopular policy through...

...bribery

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37000975

Residents affected by fracking could be paid a proportion of the proceeds of shale gas projects, the government has suggested.
A shale wealth fund was unveiled in 2014 to set aside up to 10% of the tax proceeds from fracking to benefit communities in the UK hosting wells.
The PM is now considering paying the money directly to individual households instead of councils and local trusts.

I for one an all for the plan. :lol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Finally the government work out how to get unpopular policy through...

...bribery

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37000975

Residents affected by fracking could be paid a proportion of the proceeds of shale gas projects, the government has suggested.
A shale wealth fund was unveiled in 2014 to set aside up to 10% of the tax proceeds from fracking to benefit communities in the UK hosting wells.
The PM is now considering paying the money directly to individual households instead of councils and local trusts.

I for one an all for the plan. :lol:

I like how they think people are still devoid of any intelligence.
This is in reference to the illustration on fracking, with a side note of 'not to scale.'
Reminds me of peanut packaging, contains nuts.

Your right, the government will do all to try and sweet talk the victim's, sorry clients.
Money always talks!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
what is the main danger in fracking? I must admit i have not looked up the subject,is it subsidence or explosion or whatever..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
what is the main danger in fracking? I must admit i have not looked up the subject,is it subsidence or explosion or whatever..
Turning your tap on and being able to set alight the water as it flows out, can't be good.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

According to Frack-Off:

Fracking is a nightmare! Toxic and radioactive water contamination. Severe air pollution. Tens of thousands of wells, pipelines and compressor stations devastating our countryside and blighting communities. All while accelerating climate change. And to produce expensive gas that will soon run out.”
So why do they want to do it?

http://frack-off.org.uk/fracking-hell/

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to Frack-Off:

Fracking is a nightmare! Toxic and radioactive water contamination. Severe air pollution. Tens of thousands of wells, pipelines and compressor stations devastating our countryside and blighting communities. All while accelerating climate change. And to produce expensive gas that will soon run out.”
So why do they want to do it?

http://frack-off.org.uk/fracking-hell/

It just shows how an argument can be cheapened by a web address.

For all I know that is 100% correct but highlighting the fact it comes from frack-off.org.uk/fracking-hell makes me instantly call b******t.

As would the 'facts' coming from frack-yay.org/fracking-heaven

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Even from my layman's knowledge I suspect pumping chemicals into the ground at high pressure is anything but good for the environment !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It just shows how an argument can be cheapened by a web address.

For all I know that is 100% correct but highlighting the fact it comes from frack-off.org.uk/fracking-hell makes me instantly call b******t.

As would the 'facts' coming from frack-yay.org/fracking-heaven

It was the first link I came across.
Obviously everyone is going to have their versions of what is good and bad about the idea of fracking.
You might be right, it could be construed as BS, but as happened over the years with the likes of HS2 and the third runway at LHR.
The government sets its stall out on proposed events, then sits back to watch all groups evolve from either side (spending money), working out the pros cons on said subject.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even from my layman's knowledge I suspect pumping chemicals into the ground at high pressure is anything but good for the environment !

But £7,000 is £7,000.

I'm very lucky when I comes to all things bribery.
The bribeist never knows just how cheaply I can be bought. :thumbsup: :lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

fear of something new.

the gas in water highlighted was a problem in some early wells where drilling was shallow and without any care for proper well lining or site placement. concerns over the fluid material used can be addressed by simply appling good practice and fines for leaks (not in their interest to lose what they've gone to the trouble of extracting anyway). concerns on cliamte change effects are valid only if we assume this leads to an increse in hydrocarbons, rather than as a replacement for others - local oil rather than imported from middle east, gas rather than coal. only serious objection is increased heavy vehicle used in a local area.

on balance the risks can be managed and we can more energy indpendence, this time with more of the proceeds going back to the local communities most inconvinenced by traffic.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
But £7,000 is £7,000.

I'm very lucky when I comes to all things bribery.
The bribeist never knows just how cheaply I can be bought. :thumbsup: :lol:

I guess that makes you the opposite of a NIMBY ..... a DIMBY - Definitely in my back yard :wink:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Is this a football forum?
Will the Amex pitch disappear from a fracking sink hole?

You do know you aren't forced to open non-football threads ? I only ask as you seem to be stalking them now.

Yes, it's a MAINLY football forum but like going to the pub with your mates many subjects get discussed. Think of NSC as a virtual pub.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

It strikes me that the government is being extremely bone-headed in suggesting that people who live close to fracking sites are being so badly affected as to DESERVE compensation. This can only fuel a wider argument that fracking is dangerous and should be banned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here