Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the Opposition

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Sorry if has been posted. Thought these were rather nice words from the Derby fan that wrote this in his blog

image.jpeg

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
They weren't so complimentary before the game. The majority of Derby fans were expecting a comfortable win.

It was the same last season. Everyone expected our bubble to burst whenever we played them, and then after the game you would see comments about how surprised they were at how good a team Brighton are now.

It suits me down to the ground. Even after finishing a whisker away from auto promotion last season other teams/fans still don't consider us a threat. The longer we are underestimated the better in my book.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I think people may take us seriously this season. We do have a lot of quality and togetherness in the squad

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The danger is all the other teams will now take us seriously this season and we need to take a better % of goal scoring chances. We the fans need Ramp up the atmosphere at the Amex look how loud 1300 fans at Derby achieved and its often the opposite at the Amex.
The fans are worth points even though it s only Colchester on Tuesday it starts now.
Please make the effort to get to this game as it's important to the club and confidence of the team.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's not what i publicly want to hear about the Albion,in private yes and finally,but why are we not Little Ole Albion,flying under the radar?
Never mind any more signings for now, the priority is back to the laboratory for a 2nd look at this seasons stealth capabilities..

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Luckily, with Newcastle and Aston Villa in the league we will still be, to an extent, under the radar.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Does anyone really believe that nobody took us seriously last year?

The managers that is, not a load of deluded Gimps on the internet.

That's why I said "..to an extent.." Opposition managers will take us seriously but the big games for their fans (or, as you succinctly put it the "... load of deluded Gimps on the internet"!!) will be Newcastle and Villa.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
After Aston Villas points tally last season, do they really look like a threat.
They performed like a mid table Championship side last season so what changed.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Overheard lots of complimentary comments from Derby fans on the way to the car, e.g. a strong Brighton side; Brighton are a good team; at the end of the season that may be hard earned useful point.

Also, listening to Pearson's post match interview on local radio he said he was surprised how direct we were. Most teams sit back at Derby and try to stop them from playing. After their inevitable opening salvo, there were periods where you might have thought we were the home side given how dominate we were at times.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That's not what i publicly want to hear about the Albion,in private yes and finally,but why are we not Little Ole Albion,flying under the radar?
Never mind any more signings for now, the priority is back to the laboratory for a 2nd look at this seasons stealth capabilities..

We were never really under the radar last season were we? Maybe the first 8 or 10 games maybe but going unbeaten in 21 games will have had teams well aware of how good we were.

Definitely not under the radar this season but we are fortunate to have Villa, Norwich and Newcastle in the spotlight now-hopefully attention will be on them a lot more than us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After Aston Villas points tally last season, do they really look like a threat.
They performed like a mid table Championship side last season so what changed.

I fancy Villa will do one of two things, either provide a threat at the top of the table, or be involved in a relegation fight bat the other.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I fancy Villa will do one of two things, either provide a threat at the top of the table, or be involved in a relegation fight bat the other.

From what I saw of yesterdays showing, they're not going to frighten the top teams at all. Mid-table at best I would think, but could plummet.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Does anyone really believe that nobody took us seriously last year?

The managers that is, not a load of deluded Gimps on the internet.

None of the pundits took us seriously either. With about 5 games to go, everyone was talking about other teams. It wasn't just internet gimps that underestimated us.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The danger is all the other teams will now take us seriously this season and we need to take a better % of goal scoring chances. We the fans need Ramp up the atmosphere at the Amex look how loud 1300 fans at Derby achieved and its often the opposite at the Amex.
The fans are worth points even though it s only Colchester on Tuesday it starts now.
Please make the effort to get to this game as it's important to the club and confidence of the team.

I'd agree, it seems like a library at The Amex, Saturday was not only a good atmosphere but we seemed to sing for 90+5 mins!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They have always put good teams out against us, young and English players throughout the recent years too. We always seem evenly matched and can see us both going up the same year. Like us been quite consistent too.

We are probably in a better long term situation as their parachute payments that they've had must be ending and yet we've never had that luxury. They seem better run than 80% of Champ clubs though (which is probably another similarity with us).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here