Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Szczecin

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Stupid me booked the flights before realising just how far the airport is from the city :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Has anyone been before and if so what is the best way to get from the airport to the city?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
25 miles. Gatwick to London distance without Govia trains to deal with. bus, train or taxi will do. Look it up on tripadvisor.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I was actually in Szczecin yesterday, my girlfriend and I own an apartment there and we are getting married nearby in a few weeks. You can take a taxi fairly quickly and easily from the airport to the town centre. Where exactly are you staying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7538286 said:
I was actually in Szczecin yesterday, my girlfriend and I own an apartment there and we are getting married nearby in a few weeks. You can take a taxi fairly quickly and easily from the airport to the town centre. Where exactly are you staying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nowhere yet, it cost me £12.50 so I booked it on impulse, cheapish being a student I would have thought. How much is the taxi likely to cost?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
nowhere yet, it cost me £12.50 so I booked it on impulse, cheapish being a student I would have thought. How much is the taxi likely to cost?

Just checked and taxi will be around £30 so might want to go for the minibus option which only costs around £3. You can see the timetable and book tickets here (in English): https://www.interglobus.pl/Default.aspx?language=en You need to go from Goleniow Lotnisko (that's the airport) to Szczecin PKP (main train station).

Once in Szczecin the main street with all the bars and restaurants is called "Księcia Bogusława X" but is known locally as "Deptak" which I think means 'pedestrianised'. You'll probably want to stay somewhere close to there. There are a few other cool, hidden away craft pubs and bars but I'll need to check with a friend to find out exactly where they are as I can't remember. I'll post on here when I get the info. When are you heading over?

Generally it's a pretty safe city although it can look rough in areas. I lived there for around 3-4 months in 2012 while I was renovating our apartment and would regularly walk home drunk at night by myself and never had any hassle.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7538677 said:
Just checked and taxi will be around £30 so might want to go for the minibus option which only costs around £3. You can see the timetable and book tickets here (in English): https://www.interglobus.pl/Default.aspx?language=en You need to go from Goleniow Lotnisko (that's the airport) to Szczecin PKP (main train station).

Once in Szczecin the main street with all the bars and restaurants is called "Księcia Bogusława X" but is known locally as "Deptak" which I think means 'pedestrianised'. You'll probably want to stay somewhere close to there. There are a few other cool, hidden away craft pubs and bars but I'll need to check with a friend to find out exactly where they are as I can't remember. I'll post on here when I get the info. When are you heading over?

Generally it's a pretty safe city although it can look rough in areas. I lived there for around 3-4 months in 2012 while I was renovating our apartment and would regularly walk home drunk at night by myself and never had any hassle.

Thank you very much sir! This is much appreciated and I look forward to what your friend says!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here