Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Uni Parking

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Seeing as no-one wants to help me get to the Colchester game with no trains and no coach options, I am toying with the idea of driving. What is it like getting out of the Sussex Uni car park? I have no desire to spend £12 to look at an car exhaust in front of me for an hour but with a reduced crowd, what is getting out likely to be like?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Seeing as no-one wants to help me get to the Colchester game with no trains and no coach options, I am toying with the idea of driving. What is it like getting out of the Sussex Uni car park? I have no desire to spend £12 to look at an car exhaust in front of me for an hour but with a reduced crowd, what is getting out likely to be like?

Leave after 80 minutes... you will be fine. :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Leave after 80 minutes... you will be fine. :thumbsup:
The only time I have done that was the league cup game that went to extra time and we lost to someone rubbish (Newport?). They scored in extra time and gave me a good excuse to get a head start walking to the Bridge car park. It always bugs me when I have to leave early as my dad did it when he took me to the Goldstone and hearing goal celebrations from outside the ground is so depressing. I can justify the £12 as the ticket is essentially free but I am so used to piling out onto a coach that I am wavering about going which is massively unlike me.

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
Does anyone know if there is motorcycle parking available at the uni for free? I've searched the clubs website and not one word about motorcycles anywhere.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I think the longest I've ever waited to get out of the Uni car park is around 15-20 minutes (from starting my car to reaching A27) when leaving after the final whistle and ambling back (ie all the early leavers are in front of me). If you stay for a pint then it's generally just a drive straight out. Tonight I imagine it will be a drive straight out or, at the very worst, a few minutes wait whenever you leave.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think the longest I've ever waited to get out of the Uni car park is around 15-20 minutes (from starting my car to reaching A27) when leaving after the final whistle and ambling back (ie all the early leavers are in front of me). If you stay for a pint then it's generally just a drive straight out. Tonight I imagine it will be a drive straight out or, at the very worst, a few minutes wait whenever you leave.

presumably there will be more traffic than normal (buses, taxis, car drop off etc...) but with only a quarter of the crowd, I can't see it being a problem at all TBH. 10 mins max is the usual getting out of the Uni.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here